Chapter 17

Lance POV 

word count 900

__________________________

Finally, security comes and takes Shiro away for good. Keith explains everything to Hunk and the guards while I check on Allura.

"Are you alright?'' I kneel down and ask her.

She manages to hold on for about three seconds before cracking. "No, I'm not." She sobs.

I wrap my arms around her. She returns the hug, sobbing into my shoulder. "I just can't believe that he's like that. He was so nice."

I rub her back while I listen to her. She doesn't have much else to say, but she has plenty of tears. After a while, I lead her back to her bed and go to clean up the front of the trailer.

While I'm cleaning up Keith comes in and asks me. "How's she doing?"

I sigh. "She'll be fine, Allura's a strong woman."

Keith helps me finish cleaning up, then asks. "How are you holding up?"

"I don't think I should be on the receiving end of that question," I tell him, looking at him pointedly.

His eyes go blurry, then they look away. He crosses his arms in front of him and locks his jaw.

"Hey," I gently take his hands in mine. "It's alright."

I don't know if you've ever seen someone deflate, but it's heart-wrenching. Seeing Keith try to hold back, trying to stay strong, and failing. It almost sends me into tears myself.

"It's fine. Everything fine." I tell him. "He's not here anymore."

Keith doesn't cry like Allura. Allura cries kind of loudly, she buries her face into your shoulder and sobs.

Keith cries silently, He grips onto the back of your shirt for dear life, but you can tell he's crying from how your shirt becomes wet and how violently his shoulders shake.

We sit in the middle of the bus, clinging to each other. It's a good few minutes before Keith moves and sits on the couch.

I grab my blanket and Ana hoodie and give it to him. He puts on the hoodie and takes the blanket. He reaches for me and I sit down next to him, I wrap the blanket around us both.

We sit in silence, the past half hour playing back in our heads.

"Last time he did this I was alone," Keith tells me.

I readjust and tighten my grip around him to let him know I'm listening.

"It was the first and, before today, only time I've ever come out to someone." He swallows and starts shaking again.

"He broke my nose and I had a black eye for the rest of the week."

I feel tears come to my eyes.

"It was back in high school when I was still the lonely emo boy." He laughs through his tears "Who am I kidding, I'm still the lonely emo boy"

"Emo I'll accept, lonely I won't," I tell him.

He smiles and hides his face in my chest, then starts crying more.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I lift his face up so I can look him in the eyes.

"It's been just me since forever." He tells me. "When I was younger my parents died, when I was in middle school I was the only kid with an anger management counseling and a therapist, when I as in high school I was the lone wolf, even when I was in Voltron, you barely knew my name."

I'm not quite sure what to say to that. It's true, we didn't know Keith that well. I didn't know Shiro that well either. Both of them joined Voltron after it had gone through a couple rough development years.

"I'm here now," I say.

"I know. That's why I'm crying...because now I have a—someone." He curls up again mess I'm holding him in my arms.

I notice how he avoids the word friend.

I know the feeling. As we lay here in the front of the bus it reminds me of a few weeks ago in Las Vegas.

Keith has helped me so much, even since then. I'm not sure I would have gotten out of this by myself. Now I'm basically clean.

"Friends?" I ask him, I didn't mean for it to sound sad, but it came out like that.

"Yeah." He forces out.

I say a quick prayer hoping I'm not misreading any signals.

"What if we were...more...than...just...friends?" I stop myself from cringing away.

I swear Keith stops breathing. He just freezes in my arms.

"Are you messing with me?" He starts breathing again.

"No," I whisper.

"You want to date me." He clarifies.

"Yeah." A warm light starts shining somewhere inside me.

"We'd be boyfriends." He clarifies again, a lot less unsure.

"Yeah." I can't help the smile that comes across my face at the thought.

He buries his face in my chest.

I run my fingers through his hair. "Hey, are you okay?"

"I'm fine." He says, but it's muffled by my shirt.

"Do I get a solid answer?"

He uncovers his face but doesn't look at me. Instead, he rests his head against my chest, looking outside the window at the Pride Festival winding down.

"Yes."

I smile and wait for him to continue.

"Yes, I'll be your boyfriend."

____________________

Hey Angels!

Is anyone else dying from secondhand embarrassment/emotional overload? No? just me? Alright then. 

I apologize again for the last chapter, but hey! It lead to this. So it all...balances out? 

Random question: What would your ideal date be?

Mine would probably be something like a museum, zoo/grants farms, or like stargazing. (I say this like I've thought about it. I haven't, these are just places I like going/fics I've written) 

I will say, however, that I absolutely hate crowds, so things like walking down the Las Vegas Strip, or going to NYC, or clubs, or things like that are a definite no. You will physically see me shut down and go into full on introvert mode. If you take me to a club I will personally smite you. 

I'm really into domestic fluff (LGBT or not), so expect some of that ahead, now that they are together (in the final chapters) it'll be really cute and less aggravating. 

Thats all! Have a wonderful time reading my beautiful Angels! 

(Beautiful is a non-gendered compliment. the only reason it seems feminine is beacuse men don't get complimented enough, fight me)