CHAPTER 10

Trigger warning please be careful.

Hazel P.O.V

Once we drove into the house, I ran out to my room. I could hear him shouting for me to come back but I didn't stop till I got to my room and locked the door. I slid to the floor and broke down in tears, why did this keep happening to me?

I couldn't breathe, my heart beat was faster and more rapid, I was scared. Alan was knocking and begging me to open the door. I walked over to the bathroom, grabbed a new packet of blades and began the job. I had done about 6 when the door opened. Alan stood there staring at me holding a razor in my hand. He grabbed the razor from my hand and threw it in the toilet. Then he carried me and sat me on the bathtub.

'follow my breathing, hazel calm down' he placed my hand on his wrist, soon I calmed down. 'take off your hoodie' I replied a 'no'. I couldn't let him see the scars around my body that told the story of 15 years. It was my secret that I couldn't let out. 'I need to clean your wound properly'

'I can do it myself' I murmured. Alan unzipped my hoodie and let it fall off my body. I had a white camisole inside but it was stained with blood. He gasped at the bruises littering my arms and shoulders not to talk of my back and legs.

'sit and don't move, I'll soon be back' he left. I sat there helpless, all my secrets I hid for years are now out, I felt vulnerable without my hoodie and my arms throbbed. He came back with a first aid box, grabbing some alcohol and cotton wool he began to clean the wound. I winced biting my lips to hold back my screams. 'if you need to scream, scream, if it's too much tell me okay' I nodded quickly, soon he was done and he bandaged my arm.

'what happened in the mall? Has it happened before?' I knew he understood the whole concept of the situation, I was still staring at my fingers nervously. He took my chin in his hands and stared into my eyes. 'tell me please'

'yeah, he tried but he didn't get it' was all I could get out. Alan nodded at this, I guess he understood.

'you have to change that, take it off, I'll get some new clothes' I waited for him to come back, he got a black tank top and blue jeans. I quickly took it and walked into the bathroom to change, then I went in search of a hoodie. All my hoodies were clean and new and I didn't want to ruin them neither could I go out with a bandaged arm without people asking questions. I huffed in frustration.

'you need a hoodie' he said chuckling 'wait here' he left and got me one. It was bigger than me but warm and comforting. 'let's go watch a movie, and eat then you can go to sleep. I agreed.

We went down the stairs into the living room, I sat on the couch, Alan handed me a blanket and pillow, then he came back with a bowl of mac and cheese. I remember now my breakfast is on the floor of the library. He sat beside me placing both feet on the couch.

'so what'd you wanna watch?' he asked me.

I sighed, 'anything'

'fine, but if this scare you don't blame me' he turned on Disney's tangled. I ate half the mac and cheese after it was literarily forced down my throat. I also took some paracetamol and water. Then I lay on the armrest watching the movie, soon I was asleep.

James was chasing me with a belt in his hand, he caught up with me and lashed out, lashing my back severely. It came more severely; I was begging him to stop. Then I woke up, I was staring into deep blue eyes, Alan's. I was crying into my hands.

'I'm sorry, I'm here now' he said carrying and hugging me. I soon fell asleep.

I woke up again to people talking.

'should we wake them up'

'they look so cute'

'do you have a picture to post'

'Alan will kill us'

'I love her hair'

I sat up and stared at them, they were all holding their phones. I shifted a little making Alan wake up. He looked cute when he just wakes up.

'what's going on?' he asked.

'tangled, seriously Alan' Miles sniggered.

'tangled?' he asked confused making the others to laugh. I quickly stood up, my hood fell off a bit but I pushed it back up.

'wait, isn't that my hoodie, my favorite hoodie' Percy asked. I looked at Alan who smiled mischievously.

'I'm sorry, I'll take it off' I replied grabbing the blanket and pillow, then the plate.

'you can keep, it 'Percy said but I know it wasn't from his heart but what's the use of arguing.

'hey let's have a movie night in the cinema room and hazel we'll like you to come but if you don't want to you don't have to'

'yeah, I'll be there' I answered walking out. I dropped the plate in the kitchen, then the blanket and pillow in the hall closet before going up to my room. I wore my leggings and one of the new hoodies I bought. I dropped Percy's hoodie for him in front of his door then I went to the cinema room. It took about 10 minutes considering the steps and that I'm also sleepy.

I opened the door and walked in everyone was seated, laughing or using their phones. I stood awkwardly not knowing what to do.

'hey, hazel dazzle is here?' I blushed as they all turned to me.

'come sit' Alan said. I walked to him but before I reached Simon pulled me into his lap.

'hey' Alan whined.

'sorry dude you had your turn'

'I want her this time' miles argued.

'no me' Percy added.

'guys, we'll take turns, starting from the eldest. From next time' Ivan said.

'then Alan will get two turns' Miles whined.

'shut up' Alan told him.

'ok, what're we watching? dead poll, Annabelle, joker, Gotham city'

'let's vote, Annabelle' no one.

'dead pool' 3 people.

'joker' another 3 people.

'Gotham' no one.

'we have a tie, we'll play a tie breaker, a game of rock, paper, scissors, Alan for one team and Simon for the other' they played and Alan won meaning it is dead pool.

'aren't you hot, in your hoodie?' Simon asked.

'no' I replied.

'do you ever say yes?'

'no' I laid my head down on his shoulder in a way I could still see the television, his hands intertwined in mine. Percy handed us a warm blanket. The movie started. Let's say I closed my eyes half of the movie. I was glad it was over. I bade them good night and walked to my room. I laid on my bed but I couldn't sleep. I felt cold alone here probably because I missed the warmth provided by my brothers, my family. I felt tired of hiding from them, I'm free right and supposed to live like a normal teenager.

I looked at my clocks, it said 1 in the morning. I stood up slowly, grabbed my blanket and left the room. I walked to the last door in the hall, Ivan's, I don't know what made me go there any way. I walked into the room quietly, the light from the moon helped me to at least see my way. I made it to the bed and crawled in. I think I startled him because he woke up, yelled before turning on the bedside lamp.

'hazel, what...wait hazel'

'sorry I woke you up'

'it's okay but why are you here?'

'I.... I couldn't sleep, so I thought......' I trailed off. Maybe this wasn't a good Idea.

'I understand, you can stay' with that he grabbed me and put his hand round. We both fell asleep.