ch. 2

-alex-
"o-oh i was u-uhm wondering if i c-could get your number..." i stutter, shoving my hands through my hair, a habit i do when i'm nervous.

"liam, i can't believe i just did that!" i groan in annoyance. "she'll probably think that i'm such a fool!" i rake my hands through my hair once again, yanking the curly dark brown strings this time.

"hey man, at least you got her number. a ton of shit could've gone wrong but it didn't. that's all that matters." liam says, pointing a lollipop that he was sucking on at me. i rolled my eyes at the gesture.

"whatever dude. i should get going. it's getting pretty late. i'll see you monday." i say, heading out the sliding doors of the convenience store. i hear a faint 'see ya dude!' when i get out the store. i chuckle to myself and get into my car.

♡ ♡ ♡

"eomma! appa! jamie! i'm home!" i shout, taking off my shoes in the process. i start to walk inside my living room and into the kitchen just to see my mom baking a red velvet cake. my favorite.

my house is a two story house, perfect for four people. it has four bedrooms, two master bedrooms, one regular room, and one guest room and four bathrooms. the kitchen is quite big and so is our living room. my room is one of our master bedrooms, so it's pretty big, which i am thankful for. my younger sister, jamie, has one of the other bedrooms.

"hi eomma. how was work?" i ask. my mom is a children's nurse and she works at a hospital downtown.

"hi my love. work was stressful. there were a lot of patients coming in today for some reason." my mom said, putting the delicious looking red velvet cake in the oven. i give her a quick kiss on the forehead, asking her, "where's dad?"

"he's still working love. you should head to sleep! it's almost 1:00 am! what were you doing out so late?" my mom scolds, putting her cream cheese frosted hands on her hips.

"sorry eomma...i was at the convenience store with liam." i said sheepishly. "can i have a piece of cake though?" i ask. my mom narrows her eyes, and says in a monotoned voice, "no."

i put my head down and start walking up the stairs, but not before kissing my mom goodnight. once i get to my room, i quickly close the door and crash onto my bed, pulling out my phone to text rubie.

i've always noticed her long, wavy, light brown hair whenever she walked by at school. call me a simp, sure, but i've liked her since last year, when we were freshman. when i saw her at the cafe, i was surprised that i've never noticed that cafe before. i made a promise to myself to go to that cafe more often, plus, their dalgona coffee is really good.

alex: hey rubie. it's alex.

rubie: hey alex! whatcha doin up so late?

alex: just got home lol.

i inwardly cringe to myself, i can't help but be dry, i have no idea what to talk about. plus, she's my crush! you can't blame me for being nervous.

rubie: i c i c. so wyd?

alex: just laying in bed. wby?

rubie: same. just finished eating my tteokbokki hehe

alex: tteokbokki? you like korean food?