The Start of a Nightmare

Warning - Strong Language and Angst. Reader Discretion Advised. ⚠️

George followed Mega into his little cottage. It was a lot smaller than everyone else's houses. It had three rooms. One would serve as the kitchen and small living space. Another room is his bedroom, and the last room is his bathroom. Mega pointed to the small circle table with two foldable chairs. George took off his boots and jacket, hanging it on the wall. As requested, George sat down in one of the foldable chairs and watched Mega pull out a large notebook and pen. He sat down in the other chair and started scribbling on the paper. Once he finished, Mega flipped the notebook for George to see.

"Is his behavior unusual?"

"Yes," George gulped, "He's become clingy and nosy."

"So it's THAT type of ghost."

George's eyebrows furrowed, "Ghost? The blob is a ghost?"

"Yes, idiot. I don't know what It wants obviously, but I know what's going on."

"Then what's going on? Why was there a blob, and now there isn't?"

"Possession. The Ghost is a revenge type. Simple as it sounds, it wants revenge. As for the blob, it only wants to make Dream have negative emotions. Pain is negative, which fuels their plan. Anger, fear, regret, anything bad. The more negative emotions it gets off of Dream, the stronger it gets. Get it? Or are you too stupid to understand?"

George narrowed his eyes, "I understand. So Sapnap's injury and me almost drowning was only a way for Dream to feel negativity...? But what's the point?! Why would a ghost want revenge from Dream?"

"Maybe Dream did something bad in the past. Revenge ghosts take time to boil up their hatred. So it could have been years ago."

A word that lingered in George's mind was "that" kind of ghost, "What did you mean by that type of ghost?"

"Revenge ghosts tend to do the same thing they died to. If a ghost is being touchy, it means... well how do I put it? They most likely died to torture or rape. So careful."

George felt a shiver down his spine, reading those sentences made George's heart race. It boiled his anger that a ghost was using his friend as a revenge vessel, but anxiety shook the anger out of his system. Does that mean Dream did something like that to someone? George refused to believe it, his friend would never do something like that.

While George was lost in thought, Mega had put a kettle of tea on the fire place.

"Oh, I don't like tea," George watched the brunette toss a tea packet into the kettle. When he returned, the mute wrote:

"Do you think I was making it for you?"

"Oh..."

Now that I think about it- George thought - Dream never really talked about his past. Maybe he didn't show his face for this reason. I'm probably over thinking it... Hopefully I find out soon. Realistically, George didn't want to find out. Sometimes knowledge comes with consequences. George was smacked out of his thoughts by Mega, literally.

The mute dropped his hand on the table after laying a large wakening slap on the side of George's head. Mega had already wrote in the notebook.

"George, just don't overthink it. I'm sure you can handle this."

George's eyes widened, "Wait, how do you know all of this stuff? Did it happen before?"

Mega's eyes darkened into sadness, he fiddled with the ends of his scarf. After a moment, the mute picked up the pencil and within a few minutes, a detailed explanation was given.