Coffee Shop

Your eyes kept closing from exhaustion. You desperately hold on to your iced latte, the first latte you had ever since the start of the semester. Lattes comfort you, especially when there's a brownie on the side. This is the reward you keep giving yourself after living off on iced americano all throughout the semester.

The last one you had was this morning, right before you took your last exam, closing your third year in college. Academic-induced all-nighters are now put to a stop.

As you played with the thin sheet of moisture outside your glass, you suddenly heard a voice you know so well, yet you can't actually believe you are hearing it in-person.

"Are you stalking me?" You looked up to see—yup, you were right—Emma Chamberlain looking down at you. Thank goodness your brain caught up immediately, and managed to stop fangirling to understand her words.

"Excuse me?" That was the only thing you can think of saying. You refuse to believe that she is accusing you of stalking her. Also, what if you heard her wrong? You would look like a crazy person instead if you actually heard her wrong.

"I said, are you stalking me? I've been seeing you everywhere. Here, in Target, in my parking lot... you are everywhere!" Thank goodness her voice was not loud enough to catch everyone's attention. You can just imagine the police tackling you because you allegedly stalked Emma Chamberlain.

"Well, you are not everywhere for me." You can see how that rattled her brain cells.

"What?" Before you could say anything, her buzzer buzzed, so she went to get her order. You look down at your hands to see them shaking. You know it was due to the combination of the double-shot espresso this morning, the caffeine in the latte you are currently drinking, and the nervousness from your weird interaction with Emma.

You are now rethinking when could Emma have seen you, and why didn't you notice her then. The only conclusion you can think of is how you were probably as exhausted as you are now, since the only times you went to Target was when you had late night cravings for comfort foods, in the middle of your all-nighters. But, what about in her parking lot?

Since you were a bit close to the counter, you noticed Emma looking around while carrying her order. You looked around too, and immediately saw how the whole coffee shop was packed. You looked back at Emma. She was now frowning at her order, and seems to be contemplating on just having it to-go.

She looked like that misfit kid leading a coming-of-age movie, the one who would look at each table, and identify which clique of the school it was. The one who will later on eat inside a cubicle of a comfort room. Though, her cropped top and shorts screams like she's the bully who got exposed, fell at the bottom of the food chain, near the end of the movie.

"Would you like to sit with me?" Emma was near enough for her to hear you with your normal voice. She looked at you and after a minute, walked towards you.

"Just so you know, I still think you're stalking me." That made you smirk. You raised an eyebrow and tilted your head, implying how you are not taking her words seriously.

"Yet here you are, willingly sitting with your stalker," you said, taking a sip of your latte for effect... though, sipping from your metal straw isn't really giving the badass vibes you wanted Emma to get.

"So, you do admit that you're stalking me," Emma said, taking her orders out of her tray after setting her camera carefully on the table. You chuckled, amused with how those words just sounded very "mean girl-y" to you.

"Seriously, I'm not stalking you. I haven't seen you in where? Target? Your parking lot? This is the first time I saw you in-person... well, second actually. I saw you once, here again, but chose not to fangirl 'cause I was swamped with deadlines," you said matter-of-factly. Emma just stared at you, then shrugged.