Chapter Thirty-Six

Thelma POV
I was already dressed to go to Hannah's school... I wore a gown that was a bit bigger than me so as to hide my already growing tummy from the world... it's been almost four months now and yes I had already increased in weight drastically...

Jerry got back home last night later than he said so I made dinner before he got back because of it was a school night for Hannah.

"Are you ready?" Jerry yelled from outside as I took my last look at myself before heading out of my room.. usually it was bums I was worried about people staring now my boobs also got bigger and my tummy was growing... I've never been so cautious of myself before.

"Yeah sorry I took so long... my tummy is growing and most of my normal cloths are now tight on me." I said and made a fake laugh as I sat down beside him as we both waited for Hannah to finish eating.

"I'm all done. Let's go I don't wanna be late." Hannah said as she scooped one last spoon of her cereal and rushed off to the car outside... she was more excited than either of us.

"Let's go then." Jerry said as he ushered me out to the car... he took the Range Rover this time around probably cause his sport car wasn't appropriate for a meeting like this..

**
"Good morning Mr Brown and Ms...?"

"Badmus... Thelma Badmus." I helped out since I definitely looked strange to her..

"Yes I thought Hannah's mom would be joining us... we haven't seen her in a long time."

"She's not around... and this right here is my girlfriend so you should probably get used to her face now." Jerry said in a sorta cold way to her... I guess he didn't like the fact that she brought up Hannah's mother in the conversation.

"Well ok sure. Let's get right to the meeting... the other parents are already in the hall." She said as she showed us the place of the meeting.

"I'll see you before I go my princess." He said to Hannah as she went off to meet her friends.

While the meeting was going on, Jerry's phone kept ringing and it was beginning to get annoying because his ringtone of all had to be the annoying "Marimba" iPhone ringtone.. he always hung up quickly whether a call came in.

"What's wrong?" I whispered to him as he shook his head and told me nothing... he had been acting really suspicious since yesterday and he didn't want to tell me what was going on.

"Excuse me for a sec." he said and got up to go outside.

**
Jerry POV
"Hello, I told you I'll call you.." I said angrily as I rushed out since my phone had been interrupting the meeting.

"Yeah I'm sorry about that sir... it's just that I was able to bring the case back up to my superiors... they would like the hear the victim testify herself for it to be taken seriously." The officer said over the phone.

"Is that really necessary?"

"Yes Sir."

Now this was gonna be a little problem... I haven't even told Thelma yet and honestly don't know how she would take it. I hung up and paced around a bit thinking of what to do.. I ruffled my head as I was thinking before Thelma stepped out to meet me.

"What is going on Jerry? And don't even lie to me!" She had a serious look on her face and honestly I couldn't blame her... I've kept her in the dark about all my plans.

"Thelma... Uh okay I may have done something at your back and I'm not too sure if you would be happy about it." I said gulping in between not sure how to tell her.

"What's that? You're cheating?"

"What! No." I said almost immediately.. why would she even think that.

"So what's wrong? You've been stressed more than usual and I'm not even the cause this time around."

I motioned for her to seat down as I was about to offload all the information to her.

It took a lot of guts to tell her everything but I was able to to... she was quiet for a long time I was scared she would hit me or something.

"Jerry... I honestly didn't want you to find out this way...I didn't tell you because I was trying to avoid all this... I don't want to have to relive all that happened.. it's all in the past honestly and I'm happy now."

"Bu— she shushed me with her finger before I could protest...

"Jerry it's okay... it's all in my past. I just want to be happy with you." Her words were really soothing to me as I couldn't help but grab her and hug her.

"Alright if that's what you want." I said and we finished up and went into the meeting.

**
"He did it! I told you that bastard would!" Mr Peterson stormed into Mr Agungi office while he was cleaning up.

"Did what?"

"I just got a call from one of my boys in the station... That Mr Brown is already digging the past up.." Mr Peterson was more scared than furious about the information he just got.

"Calm down... have he pressed any charges yet?"

"No not yet.. they want Thelma to come and present herself first."

"Then let's see what happens... you would deny it... you have no choice."

"There's a but... she's pregnant."

"What! How do you know that?"

"That's what the officer told me.." Mr Peterson sat down for awhile biting his lips.

"Is it your baby? If it is, that's good then... if she intends to press charges, you'll threaten her that you will file for you rights as a father... I'm sure she wouldn't wanna loose the baby." Mr Agungi said as he let out a little mischievous smile.

"You're right! If the baby is really mine.. then I should have custody of my child!" He affirmed as they both laughed to the new information.
*
*
*
*
*
How was this chapter guys??!!!!

Mehn now Mr Peterson knows the child is his! I smell trouble 😭
What do you think would happen now?

Vote and comment your thoughts
Thank you for all the support ❤️