Chapter 4

Hello all! If you're still reading up to this point then be ready for some . . . Doom and Disaster. 

I feel my way through the musty tunnel, my voice hoarse from screeching. I'd lost all hopes of a happy ending. I continuously prayed in my mind and try not to listen to my loud heartbeat, ready to give me away, a gun being pointed at it, a loud bang -

Astaghfirullah! 

Grow up Sarah! I start to race through the tunnels blindly, feeling the coarse walls, grazing my hand as I sprinted ( more like tumbled. ) Yasmine . . . Yasmine! My sister, Auntie, Uncle, Yaccoub and Naffisa flashing away before my eyes . . .

My hand touches something soft, not dry like the underground or crumbly like dry earth but soft . . . like human flesh, a human palm -

I jumped backwards and stared at the person in front of me, I just now realise that there is a blindingly white torchlight that let's me see the intruders. There are definitely three, only three. I breathe a sigh of relief and wonder if I can hold them back long enough -

" That is? " Asked a tall disapproving man of 30 wearing black.

" One of the freakish things they call women! " Sneered a short one with coal black eyes that reminded me about death and how long I had before one of those long stick things ( rifles ) or the shorter and fatter ones ( guns ) in his belt, kill me. 

A boiling rage began to posses me and I sneered at them angrily, there's no point in wasting time on idiots.

" It can stare, but can it talk? " A lady whispered cruelly from behind me. She was wearing pink showy clothes, astaghfirullah!

My insides rattled with fear, how, did she even get there? 

I started saying Alhamdulilah, Subanallah, anything I could remember reciting things in my head.

" Well, if she can we could ask her to take us to her home, for an exchange, Cleo, Rick? " Cleo? As in Cleopatra? Don't be nuts she died hundreds of years ago! That can't be right! I'll stick with Black-man, Gun-guy and Lady-in-Pink -

" Don't be an stupid Harris, we'll call the others," breathed Lady-in-Pink," Oh that'd be marvellous, handing in a hundred little ninnies. 

" But we may as well find out where it is now, " argued Black-man.

" Or, " whispered Gun-guy ," Leave behind a warning to all the freaks. Her dead body. "

" So they can get away? So the rest escape you madman! " Lady-in pink sighed cruelly," I always get paired with you duffers. "

The others fell silent, it's obvious who's in charge -

Quit dreaming, you're gonna die soon., I lecture myself, so grow up and scream to the others.

I open my mouth but I was soon muffled by some ripped off material of lady in pink's dress. 

" Sweetheart, no one ever, ever wants to hear what people like you want to say! " 

People like me, people like me! I'll show them PEOPLE LIKE ME! I seethed in silence, a torrent of emotions making their way inside me. Anger and hate for the people who were responsible for all these deaths, for the ones who joined these plotters, for the ones so stupid to be pushed around. Then I thought of the President sat on his throne with his happy fat family, wearing gold, silver and diamonds, eating to their hearts content and bossing around servants. Those monsters who turned my entire world upside down. And why? Because of our religion, because of our beliefs and because of their own greedy needs for power.