19

Caleb Martinez

I looked at the picture in the wall of my room. It was changed, now it was a portrait of a beautiful orchid that symbolize fertility. Figures, they want us to move in here when we are married.

I had only few hours before the marriage and I could not understand how things were working so fast. My heart was still wavering and I didn't know what to do with those lingering feelings.

Caren assured me that there is no way Bryson could have kept that boy alive. Even his parents have given up on Alec. Why was I still holding onto the fact that he can be alive.

And by feeling like that, I felt so disgusted by myself.

I mean, I'm going to be a married man in few hours and I'm still thinking about my last lover? Last lover my foot! Did I love that child? Or was I going with the flow? Or was it because I felt like I should love him?

I threw myself on the couch feeling all of the things I have done with him coming back to me. I felt betrayed and used. I don't know why I felt that, but I felt so wronged. What was anyone supposed to do?

A tear dropped down my cheek as I think of those moments. A head popped up on the door. I sat and wiped my tears as a figure entirely came in. I nodded my head as I drew features and it was Dina.

"Oh Dina! What's going on?" I said sitting cross legged on the bed. She looked at me for a second before sighing and came closer.

As she came closer I started to notice few little details about her that night. She has cut her hair short and bleached them red. She had a nose pierce and several ears pierces.

Was she going through emo phase?

"I know what you are thinking! But no! No, it's not a phase! It was a bet we made with Alec!" She said having that distant smile and sat in the small couch beside my bed. She looked up from her dancing fingers.

"I didn't want to be here! They told me you can rest a little because the priestess will come late! There seems some problems with the plane she flew with!" She said and looked down again.

I gulped in the total awkwardness. She looked at me and shook her head. She sighed and looked at me.

"I don't know why we are in this awkward position, but I'm sorry! I'm still salty about your decision!" She said and looked away angrily. I gulped and nodded my head.

I know! And it was expected. What was not expected is Caren being this calm. I still have my doubt but I will trust my heart.

"There is this girl I like! She is human! She likes football guys and she is into rock... I told Alec about my crush, but I wasn't sure if it will be possible to love someone of the same sex! He told me love is love... No gender is love! Hehe, I was sure he was just making me feel good..." She stopped and looked at me nodding her head smirking..

"..until he told me of his crush on you! I was hoping and praying that you will be his mate and ah, you were! That was the biggest turn in my life! When you took him to be your Luna, I did what we bet for because I lost!" She said and trailed into an awkwardly painful laughter.

I winced and mustered my courage..

"What did you bet for?" I asked in the most calm voice yet. She looked at me briefly before looking away having a sour look..

"It's okay! You don't have to-"

"I didn't hate you Caleb! But I didn't like you too... You were... I don't know what I should say... The way you were staring at Caren when Alec was in the same room, gave me a bitter taste about you! I didn't want to make it into a bigger issue but... I knew you were going to reject him!