chapter one

Today is August 15, 2018. Jake woke up to the sound of his alarm going off, the song called THE KING by Conan Gray played. He groaned and shut off the alarm and pulled off the blanket that was on him. He rubbed his face and sat up. 

He looked around his kind of messy room, clothes scattered here and there. He got up to go to his closet and grabbed a plain gray shirt and put it on. He grabbed a pair of dark blue pants and slipped them on. He buttoned them and then went into his bathroom and brushed his messy black hair and his teeth. He looked at himself in the mirror and sighed and then walked back into his room and grabbed a pair of black socks, his Nike shoes, and his black sweatshirt. He put his socks and shoes on and then his jacket. We walked out to go downstairs to eat his brother's breakfast that he made and feed his dog, Bella.

"Vic, these are the best pancakes ever." I say.

Vic smiled a bit but then frowned. "They aren't crumbly enough." He put his hands down besides the pancakes that he decorated very beautifully with black rasberries and powdered sugar.

"They are not terrible, ok. Now, have a good day at school. Bye guys!"

"Be home by seven, ok?"

"I will mom, bye love you guys!" He left the house and headed to his 2016 Toyota car and got in. He put his seat belt on and played some music on his phone with the AX cord and picked up his friends.

He pulled up into his friend, Chase, driveway. Chase rushed to the car.

"Oh, my God. I had this craziest dream ever."

"Chase, you always have the craziest dreams ever." He backed up to the other driveway that his friend, Elsie, lived at. She opened the passenger door and got in.

"Oh, my gosh, have you seen anything on Secrets?"

"You are obsessed with that." Both Chase and Jake said.

"Well, the real reason why they drained the pool was that Gage and Tori did an HJ in the pool. That's why they drained it."

"Oh God, our janitor needs a raise." Chase said.

"Aaand a HJ shot." They all laughed.

"Oh yeah, Elsie, I had this craziest dream-" He was cut off.

"Chase, we've discussed this, we discuss dreams when we have our coffee." Both, Elsie and Jake laughed and left to go to Starbucks and grab four drinks.

"Oh hey, can you get one with milk?" Chase asked.

"Can we get four coffees, one with milk please." He paid for the drinks.

"Since when do you put milk in your coffee?" Elsie asked.

"This one is for Grace. It's not hard to remember one with milk." He said.

Jake paid for the drinks and they were handed to him. They each grabbed theirs and began drinking their coffee while Jake went to Grace's house. She walked out of the house and ran to the car and got in. She shut the door and was introduce with Chase handing her a coffee.

"Oh my gosh, thank you. I am figuratively dying." They laughed.

"Ok, so, my dream was that I was in this cave but you normally can see in caves but I couldn't. Well, there were these contacts and it was either blue or red and then I woke up." Chase said.

Elsie had a confused look on her face.

"It probably means that you don't see what's in front of you." Grace said.

"Oh, ok." Chase said. Jake laughed a little and turned up the radio when GENERATION WHY by Conan Gray began playing. They all sang along to the song on the way to school.

Teens skating and walking into the school. Some at in a bench and we're on their phones.

"Wow, hell looks amazing." Elsie said. They all laughed. They all go out and Jake locked the doors and they walked into the school to be introduced by the assistant princeable, Halligan. The meanst one of all times.

"Put your phone away guys, you need to learn on the fact the world is not a pixilated world and that kt has real life animals and everything." He started snatching phones left and right. "Get them back at the end of the day." He said and walked away to his office. The kids sighed in relief and walked to class with their friends. They seperatated to their home room classes.  

~°time skip°~

It was the end of the day and the four of them went out to get something to eat.

"Oh, tomorrow there is a new kid coming." Elsie said.

They all looked at her. "Did you find that on Secrets?" Jake asked.

"No, I was in the front office and I get to give the new kid the tour." She smiled. Elsie is the class president for 11th grade.

"Oh that's the first." Chase said. Jake and Grace laughed while Elsie was giving him the death stare. "Oh come on, you know I was joking." Elsie smiled.

"I know dummy." They all laughed and ate while talking about college. 

A few minutes go by and it was time to leave. They all got in Jake's car and he dropped off Grace. Then he drove Elsie and Chase home. 

Jake got home at around 6:30. He opened the door and walked into the house and shut the door.

"I'm home." He said in the hallway.

"We are in here!" His mom said. He walked into the kitchen to see a bag and containers on the counter.

"Chinese food?" He said.

"Yes, and before you ask, yes we go you sushi." His mom said pulling out a small box that contained sushi and handed it to him along with soy sauce and his favorite drink, green tea. I guess you could say he like Japanese or Chinese stuff more.

He grabbed it and smiled. "Thanks mom." He went to the table.

"We are gonna go into the living room and watch a show together. Come on!" Victor said while dragging his brother to the living room. He smiled and picked up his sushi and went into the living room.

"Ok, what about the bachelor?"

"No. The guy in there is secretly gay." Victor laughed at what his father said. Jake looked around the living room and sighed.

"Ok what about Family Guy?"  Jake looked at Vic.

"You really picked the most basic teenage family show ever? No." He said while laughing.

"Ok we are gonna watch the Americans." Their mom said and picked up the TV remote and put the Americans on. The family sat there, watching the tv show untill the show was done.

Jake went up to his room and showered and changed into his PJs and laid in his bed. He pulled his phone out and looked through his social media and messages for a good thirty minutes before declaring that he was gonna go to bed.

"Alright good night I love you!" They said.

"'Night love you too." And then went to bed. He looked out of his window that showed the sky and the stars were dancing in the sky. He smiled and closed his eyes, slowly but surely falling into a nice slumber.