This Lifetime.

"There was a time when I stood in line for love, but I let you go."

┈┈

The love of Amelia Robinson's life just asked her to run away with him. Except she had one problem: Amelia couldn't possibly leave her grandmother who single-handedly raised her. On one afternoon, her grandmother sits her down and tells her a story.

It begins in 1940, in the face of the Second World War. Except, for them, in the fields of rural Philadelphia, war was at the back of their mind. The story is one of those who get left behind, a bright-haired boy, and the rolling fields where their love began.

On her own, Amelia will learn the importance of each decision she makes. But together, she and her grandmother will learn all there is to know about love, commitment, and second chances.

┈┈

Disclaimer! I mean no disrespect to the real Edward "Babe" Heffron. He is an incredible man, and the whole world thanks him for his service. This is all purely based on Robin Laing's portrayal of him in HBO War's Band of Brothers (2001).

┈┈

a/n: This is the first ever full fanfic I've ever finished. Though each chapter is short, the amount of love I put into it knows no bounds.

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

All feedback, comments, and the like are welcome.

Thank you for checking out my stories!