1.

I opened my eyes to the first day of a new beginning. It was Saturday morning. My warm feet touched the cold tiles of my room. I stared back at the mirror noticing how my lids were swollen, my cheeks were red. A yawn escaped my mouth as I got up from the bed, stretching my back muscles before opening the window.

It was a cloud that roared at me, making me worried about my visit to an inspirational cafe. The cafe has a library and books as well as snacks. A famous hub for readers and writers of the city. It feels good to share some moments with people who are wrestling to be identified in the crowd. I sighed, wishing that the darkness and lightning would disappear by the time I step out. It took me half an hour before I could find my blue giant umbrella and an hour more to wash my hair, brush my teeth and bath.

I hopped my way down the stairs. The elevator in my building somehow represented my interest in the current phase of life, non-functional.

I realized that I made a wise decision by choosing to wear a pinafore dress as rain begins to strike the tip of my head. I clicked the button and the sky blue dome saved me from weather's wrath. It was five minutes from the room that I have rented in the building, almost in the centre of Winsham city. My breath was a little laboured by the time my feet hit the entrance of the 60s cafe. There were membership schemes for the people. I happen to buzz in mostly during the free hours.

"Who punched you?" greeted Liam as I hung my umbrella on the holder.

"Life?" I responded with a bit of uncertainty in my voice.

Liam was the owner of a publishing company that started seven months back. The man has booked the 60s novelty membership that allowed him to rather enjoy the luxurious facility of the place. We meet almost every week unless I decide to visit my family who lives in the Chelshire, seven-hour drive from my residence.

"You have some serious discolouration" He raised his finger, pointing toward the bruise I received four days back. I am usually never fumbling sort but when I am mad things slip out of my hands.

"Am I getting a free copy of 'Duke and Duchess' for answering your questions?" I raised my brows.

"Only if you would join me for the coffee, Melody"

"What's the catch?"

"No catch. It's just...I feel like I owe you a nice treat for designing the book covers."

"I don't consider coffee as a nice treat and beside you are just being generous. The company already-"

"The company was also willing to postpone the date and could not quite get the edge I wanted in the design." He argued and I simply shrugged.

"I am in a dilemma, whether free treat and book worth the time you'd spend babbling my ear off?" I teased him.

"Is that a yes?"

"Let's get over with this." I sighed and he rolled his eyes.

Liam looked charming in dark blue denim and a black t-shirt. His dark brown hair shone under the light of the spacious cafe. I followed his trail and oh boy, I could easily spot the difference between the commoner reading member area and ones for VIPs. Luxurious comfortable sofa, well-lit chamber, mineral glass water. Steam was oozing out of the freshly prepared pancakes which were kept beside his latte. I could sleep here, in fact, I could even live here.

"You seem to be enjoying it?"

"I would be a fool not to." I sat opposite to the Liam. He gestured towards the menu but I chose to ignore it for the time being.