intro

- Are you sure you packed everything? – my mom asked for like the hundred time on the ride to the airport

- Claire, let her breath! She will fine, I'm sure of that – my father reassured my mom, while looking at me with his raised eyebrows by the rear mirror

- Mom, listen to dad! This might be my first trip by myself but I'm older enough. And yes, I packed everything and if I forgot something, I'm sure I will find it on any Australian shop- my heart shrunk at the view of the airport. This would be the first time that I would handle my life without the help or the advice of my parents. I'm happy that my life is beginning but also scared to leave all the security behind me.

After I said goodbye to my parents, went through all the checkpoint, and waited two good hours to get my flight called. Here we go! I just had to stay calm, that's what adults do right? I felt like people were looking at me, like if they were waiting for me to make a fool of myself to laugh at me or to criticize me. I quickly found my seat by the window and I couldn't be more relieved to be seated next to a woman. She looked like it was a job trip for her, so she wouldn't even try to have a conversation with me. I filmed a little video from the window and listened to Harry Styles album.

After writing some random lyrics. Yes, I started writing my feelings, sentences that popped in my head while doing the most random things but I didn't like to see them as songs, because... who do I think I am? The next raising pop star? Haha never. I spend all my flight listening to songs (mostly to Harry Styles and Benee), writing, reading some French book and sleeping. When I was awake all I did was review all the things I had to do when I landed: go to the University to ask about my scholarship (basically my university has an agreement with the Sydney university and they decided to give me an scholarship for my good grades and this was part of the scholarship), go search an apartment, find my hotel, try to find cool places to go eat and to go to dance classes... After what felt like forever, we landed. It was weird to wait for my luggage alone, without no one to talk to, so I zoned out and try to imagine the reason why the people were here. Once I grabbed my luggage and took a cab to my hotel room which was really cool, I went explore Sydney. Everything was so different: there was trees and vegetation everywhere, tall and modern buildings like the ones of those futurists' movies. I found the university but I didn't have the courage to enter because the entry was fill with teenagers (and the feeling of passing by many groups of people around my age alone, it's really stressful) and the jet lag was killing so I decided to call it a day.

This was my third day on Sydney and I almost completed my "to do-list" : I went to the university to talk about my scholarship, found a great place where they had dance lessons, I discovered beautiful beaches and restaurants but I didn't found any apartment, not yet. I have been hearing some crazy news about some virus in Asia but I didn't payed many attention to that. I'm not gonna lie, I was scared for all the people in Asia and there were a few cases on my country but my mom told me not to worry, so I didn't. I continued my trip for a few more days without thinking about it.

------

i hoped you liked it!! i'm sorry if the verb tenses aren't correct but I'm working on that. This is a little intro but there will be more soon!! make sure to vote so i know you want to keep reading

stay safe and happy! 🥰🥰