face to face

It wasn't a big deal until it was. The hotel had to close and I found myself without any place to go to sleep, while I was worried about finding a new hotel to stay, from one day to another my country closed its barriers, that means, that not only I had nowhere to sleep but I also couldn't go back to home. My mom was beyond worried.

- Honey, I've talked to your aunt and she is trying to contact to her old colleague to see if you can stay with them until you can go back home. Did you find any hotel to stay? - she anxiously said. I couldn't imagine how hard for her this might be.

- Yeah...- I lied, I didn't want her to make her more worried than what she already was.

-Thank God! Your aunt is calling, I have to hung up. Stay safe. I love you! – she said and I softly said 'I love you' back before hanging up. I found the less creepy motel to stay the night. I couldn't sleep well because I was scared that anyone could enter my room and kidnap me. Thanks to all the movies that Lana (one of my bestfriends) made me watch! They didn't help to the construction of the idea of a save motel.

It was 8 am when I decided to go to Starbucks to order a good coffee that could keep me half awake the rest of the day.

- Hi Abby!- it was so soothing to hear my aunt voice and I really hoped she had good news. She ended her studies here and she stayed because reasons of the heart (she though she found her love of her life) but she came home heartbroken. Having heard during my whole childhood about the adventures of my aunt in this mysterious and far country created a whole ideal of the aussie life.

- Hi Liv!! I have talked to my colleague Kate and she is willing to take you in until you can come back. She is going to pick you up so I just sent you her number, so you can tell her where you are. I'm so sorry that you have to stay there but I'm sure that this time with the Van Dijk family will do you good- I was released but nervous at the same time. Being in a whole different country during a global pandemic and having to stay with a family you don't even know it is not within my social skills.

-Great... so umm...- I reply unsure

-Don't worry! You will be fine. She has two older girls and a boy around your age. They all very kind and sweet, just enjoy and vibe- she tried to make it better but she didn't. My palms began to be sweaty and I felt like my heart was going to explode. Why does she find the fact that having a boy around my age, is making things good? When I don't know someone I get defensive and rude until I gain confidence.

After talking to my cousin Charlie, I decide to text Kate and she replied in three seconds telling me that she will be here in ten. I try to calm myself by listening to Cucco. Everything was going to be alright, just be yourself. Be yourself, how easy right? I saw a black big car that was similar to what Karen told me her car was. A woman with light brown hair walked to me.

-you're Olivia , right?- I nod and she gave me a hug- I'm Kate, I will help you with your luggage you can inform your mom and aunt that you are with me.

I mutter a quick hi and did what she told me. When I was closed to the car, I notice a blonde girl on the passenger seat.

-Hi Olivia! I'm Coco, nice to meet you- she said with a big white smile and offering her hand for me to shake. She seemed nice. I opened my phone to text my family and avoid conversation. But Karen didn't seem to notice so she tried to have a banal conversation.

Suddenly we arrived to some neighborhood with big houses surrounded with vegetation. So this is the "aussie life". We stopped at some big white house.

-Let me introduce you to my husband Ralph, this is Sylvie and where is Ruel? - Kate asked while I was hugging Sylvie

-He's upstairs, as usual...- I heard Sylvie say. In that moment, I looked to the stairs where a really tall guy with dark sandy blonde hair with a hoodie appeared in the middle. He seemed lightly off comparing to the joy of the rest of his family.