Chapter 8.

"I hope you're not going to drink," Jackson warns me, I only roll my eyes.

"Same rule applies to you then," I shoot back. I know, I know, I'm younger than him blah blah blah. Still, I want my brother to be fully sober when he cleans this mess up.

"I won't drink much," he compromises and hands me a can of Dr. Pepper; my favorite.

"Fine," I agree and snap open the pop, taking a sip. I feel Colten's eyes on me as I do so, but I ignore it. "Let's go dance."

I grab Brittni's hand and drag her to the dance floor, where we start moving in a 'dancing' motion.

Not even five minutes later does a guy steal me from my best friend, pulling me towards his chest where I move my hips against him. The song I hate being sober by Chief Keef comes on and I nearly pee my pants. I love this song!

Some guy tries to get with Brittni as well, but she waves him off and walks away, leaving me alone. Where is she going?

I don't know who the guy I am dancing with is, but when I tell him I need something else to drink he agrees to take me there. I then notice that it's Dustin Capri, a friend of my brothers.

"Dustin?" I question in surprise. I thought he had a girlfriend, and plus, I haven't seen him in forever. He's one of the guys that used to hang out with Jackson, Colten and James constantly. They drifted apart apparently after high school, though. "I haven't seen you in what? Two years?"

He chuckles. "Sounds about right, I saw you dancing and thought I'd surprise you."

I slap his chest playfully. "I thought you had a girlfriend?"

"Nah," he shakes his head. "We broke up about a month ago, she cheated on me with Jacob Weidenbeck."

I gasp. "Aww, I'm so sorry."

"It's all good," he waves it of with a smile. "So how about that drink?"

I nod, following him into the kitchen that is now mostly vacant. Only a girl is leaning against the counter appears.

I grab another Dr. Pepper from the cooler while Dustin picks out a Blue Moon. I'm not exactly sure where my brother got all the alcohol, but I don't think I care to find out, either.

"So," I lean against the counter. "What have you been up to?"

"Nothing much," he takes a sip of his beer. "Just focusing on football, already got accepted in a full scholarship to U of M."

"Really?" I ask, shocked. There is no doubt he's a good football player, but enough to where he's already on a full scholarship to the University of Michigan? "That's awesome. I know Jackson's acceptance letter is pending for a school in Seattle and then Michigan State."

"Yeah, that's cool too!" He grins. "I know Jackson always talks about being a SeaHawk so going to college there is practically a free ride."

"That's what I said," I laugh, making him laugh as well. I don't know when, but he is now only a few steps away from me, not that I mind.

Desperate to get your mind off of Colten, I see.

I curse myself out internally. I am not trying to get my mind off of that meat head, I don't even like him.

Sure.

"You okay?" Dustin asks, a small smile on his face as he leans in closer.

Maybe I am trying to get my mind off of Colten.

I mean, it wouldn't hurt to kiss Dustin or hang out with him, would it? Of course, if my brother found out he's break his jaw, but I don't think anything worse could happen.