14 days

Demi

After various days, Nick had no response.. it was a good thing he had a heart beat on his own and wasn't depending on any machine whatsoever

After a lot of convincing and long hours without sleep, Denise took me home to get some rest and a shower..

I sure smelled like death and nasty things

I got in my bathtub and sighed as the water relaxed my bones a little.. The tears flowed down my cheeks soon joining the warm water..

The memories flashed and I couldn't contain my sobs.. I missed the feeling of his arms around me.. his lips.. his stupid jokes that embarrassed me, the strange way he got me feeling whenever he whispered something on my ear..

I hugged myself like I was trying to replace his arms with my own.. whenever we took a bath together, he made sure to hug me as tight as he could like he never wanted to let go..

I got out after cleaning myself and then put on my pj.. it's been exactly 11 days and everything was exactly like it was 11 days ago.. his side of the bed was not touched.. his pj was still in the chair where he placed it.. the wardrobe door that he left open was still open..

I walked to my side of the bed and got under the covers.. I missed him so freaking much.. The bed felt cold without him..

I sobbed uncontrollably crying myself to sleep.. I missed him with all my heart..

He was fighting against everything.. he was in risk of dying.. the odds of him surviving were a little to the bad side..
It was kind of a miracle that he had a beating heart on his own..

I woke up the next day and looked around.. everything was like it was yesterday..

I walked towards the wardrobe and opened the other door.. I picked up some clothes and closed the door not bothering to even touch the other one.. I just simply stared at it..

I pick up my coat and something fell off..

I looked down and my hand went towards my mouth.. there stood the future..

I bent down and picked up the small blue box.. a wedding ring..

The problem was that the future might not exist anymore..

I sat down on the floor and started crying while putting the ring on my finger..

- Yes.. I'll marry you..

I sobbed loudly and grabbed my head

More days passed and his condition got better.. he was getting better but really slowly..

He once did die, Denise told me, and my world crashed down during those 12 seconds..

I went home at the 14th day to pick up my diary and wrote a little in it.. Just when I got up to leave, my phone rang..

- Hi Denise..

- Demi.. I know you just left but..

...someone is asking for you..

####

Start hoping.. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone who reads my stories 😊

"The bed's getting cold and you're not here
The future that we hold is so unclear
But I'm not alive until you call
And I'll bet the odds against it all"

{ ..this is a modern fairytale.. }