Chapter 4: Punishment

Vincent's POV

I watched the beautiful greenery as we drove through the country side near Mount Etna in Sicily. Roma told me that we were going to stay in a vine estate that Luc owned near Mount Etna on our first day.

In the bus beside me, Max was sitting with his face pressed against the bus's window. He looked awestruck by the beauty.

"Wait till you see the beaches and the sea. We have a mansion in Taormina and the beach is close by. We have our own luxury yachts too." Roma told me and Max.

"Will we be staying on a yacht too?" Max asked excitedly.

"Of course. Hugo tells me you have a big itinerary planned for this trip. Are you up for it?" Roma asked us.

"Definitely." Max said exuberantly. I smiled and kept looking outside at the natural beauty around us. Roma explained that the area near Mount Etna was divided into Pietro territory and Blood Phoenix territory. She said the one we go into would have many cottages around the main mansion and that everyone in the village around the mansion were loyal to Blood Phoenix. It reminded me of my historical romances where medieval lords ruled over small cities with villagers depending on the main estate.

Soon we were pulling up through a long cobblestone driveway with gardens on both sides. Even my eyes popped as the bus stopped at a magnificent white baroque styled two storey building. Servants in maid uniforms and butlers in crisp black tuxedos greeted us at the main door. The servants greeted us and the butlers were soon taking our luggage in.

Max had jogged out to look around the gardens.

"Dad, there's a stable there with horses." He called out and I went over to see it. Sure enough, there was a stable on the other side but you had to walk through tall trees to see it. The drive way had a big parking lot. I took in the surroundings in awe.

It was early morning in Sicily by the time we reached. Since everyone had a good nap in the flight everyone was ready for action. I walked back to the front door with an excited Max to check on Juan and James. James was still sleeping since he had stayed up throughout the whole flight watching cartoons. He was hyperactive on the flight but the moment we landed in Sicily, he dozed off. That meant, I also didn't get enough sleep and was feeling sleepy now.

I took James from Juan who was staring at something. I turned to look and saw that there were some teenagers waiting outside who were now talking to Cade and his group of friends. One girl was particularly touchy around Cade, linking her arms with his as she laughed flirtatiously. I shook my head at that.

A guy, who looked like the head butler, came over to us and took my attention away from the Cade and his friends. He told us that Luc would be arriving shortly. Apparently, Luc was in Catania but he was supposed to arrive shortly. The guy then introduced us to the teenagers there and told us that they were kids of gang members living in the neighborhood. He told us that the mansion had a stable, a tennis court and a big swimming pool for the kids.

We were taken inside shortly and shown to our rooms. I was given a room that looked like a huge suite. The guy told me that there was no nursery area in the mansion but that nannies had been arranged for James and Roma's baby. Meanwhile James was going to stay with me in my room. Since they didn't expect that Juan had separated from Cade, Juan had not been assigned a separate room either. I watched Juan shuffle nervously in the room. He had heard the guy's tone that sounded reproving for leaving Cade. I guess news travelled fast.

"I am sorry that I had to make you stay here with two kids. We didn't expect Juan would also impose.." He started but I stopped it.

"He isn't imposing. He's my son now and I'd appreciate if you would treat him like that. Besides, this is a huge room and this bed could accommodate even six people easily." I said with a laugh. Max and Juan looked at the bed. The butler didn't look convinced.