Chapter Eighteen

You walked into the cafe, Jungkook following closely behind. It was empty, with the only person there being your manager working behind the counter. You smiled at her "Hi Jen,"

"Y/N, what are you doing here on your day off?"

"I'm just here with my...." You looked up at Jungkook. Not knowing what to say.

"Boyfriend. Hi, I'm Jungkook." Jungkook says to Jen.

You stand there gobsmacked, staring at him with your mouth agape, eyes wide. Sir-

"Oh, you didn't tell me you had a boyfriend! Welcome, sit wherever you like." 

You smile awkwardly and breathe out a nervous laugh. "Thanks,"

You and Jungkook sit down at one of the tables closest to the window. Jungkook grabs the menu from the table and starts studying it while you were still staring at him in complete disbelief. Jungkook notices you staring at looks up at you, his eyebrow raised. "What?"

You blink. "Nothing...." How was he so oblivious ?!

"What do you recommend?" Jungkook talks like everything is normal.

You go with it. "Do you want something hot or cold?"

"Hot."

"The chai lattes are really good."

Jen walks over. "What can I get for you two lovebirds?" Your eyes just about bulge out of your head. "I'll get a chai latte. What do you want babe?" Jungkook says nonchalantly. Sorry, am I hallucinating? Am I missing something here? "Same," is all you can manage to say. Your manager walks back behind the counter and starts making your drinks. 

Jungkook furrows his eyebrows. "You look like you've just seen a ghost,"

"Boyfriend?" You spit out.

"Is that what you want?" Jungkook leans on his forearms, bringing himself closer to you from across the table. He tilts his head.

You gawk at him. "I mean, yes?" You didn't understand. Was this some kind of sick joke? You could tell he enjoyed watching you react like this. 

"Well, there you go. That settles it." He leans back in his chair, crossing his arms all while having a smirk plastered across his face. So, Jungkook was now your boyfriend? It was really that simple?

"Wait a minute," your eyebrows furrow and you shake your head. "I don't know anything about you,"

"Of course you do. My name is Jungkook. I don't have parents. I like black clothes..."

"Jungkook, I'm serious."

"So am I. What else do you need to know?"

Now was your chance. "What do you do for work?" You cross your arms.

You see him falter for a moment, his brain working out a response. "Business stuff."

"Business 'stuff' ?" you raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Boring shit. I do paperwork for a company and manage their accounts and whatever."

You slowly nod your head, squinting your eyes. "Right," You still didn't 100% believe him. It was just all very vague. "You do that with the other guys? Yoongi, Tae, Jimin, Hoseok?"

He nods. "Been working together for a while now. But you see, the real problem is I don't know anything about you," Jungkook leans forward on the table again, changing the subject. You tilt your head.

"I moved here 3 years ago so that I could go to the uni here. I used to wait tables at an Italian restaurant in my home town. I now work here in this cafe. I study Education. My parents are both pharmacists. I don't have any siblings.... I think that covers everything?" You give him a taste of his own medicine.