29

"She's not with you?" I asked completely avoiding your question.

"No."

I keep stirring as I speak.

"You two were together at the park Saturday. Are you sure?" I asked again

"Stalker?" I sigh and shook my head.

"I was eating ice cream, saw you two walking hand in hand." I shouldn't even care.

"We were just hanging out." You say.

I sighed again and kept stirring.

"So, will you?"

"You won't give up will you?"

You hummed and watched me stirring the warm milk with now melted chocolate.

It was almost ready.

"It smells good." You say and sniff the air.

"It's chocolate, of course it does."

I stir it a few more times and then stop.

I pull the spoon out and put it in the sink, then I turn the stove off.

"Let go, I have to take the cookies out."

This time you didn't complain and let me go.

But you stood next to the island.

I put gloves on, take the cookies out, and place them next to you.

"Woah, cookies."

Then I close the oven and turn off the gas.

After that I take the gloves off and grab plates and mugs.

"Are we eating now?" You asked excitedly.

I shook my head as I served the food.

I place the mugs on the kitchen table.

Then grab a plate and carefully place the warm cookies there.

"We have to wait for them to cool off a bit."

You moved aside as I placed the plate on the table.

"So what now?"

I sat on a chair next to the table.

"We wait."

"Go out with me?" You asked again.

"No." I replied just as fast.

"Why not?"

I shrugged as you sat beside me.

"Am I not good enough?" You put your arms on the table then place your chin on your palms.

"That... no-yeah, that's about it." I say sarcasticly.

"Haha, very funny. But really why not?"

You have no shame!

"I don't know, ok? I just, I'm still confused about you. One day you treat me nicely, then you completely ignore me. How am I suppose to answer that question of yours without thinking it through?"

"Easy you don't, you give me a chance and see if we work out." You said it like it was the simplest thing to say in the world.

"Why me?" This time I asked.

You think for a minute.

"You're different." You look into my eyes.

I give you a bored look and make hand gestures signaling you to continue.

"You excite me. You're like a mystery, there's so much I don't know about you. I want to know you better, and I want to experience something new. Every person I've gone out with are just, not the best."

"Not the best? What do you mean?"

I grab my mug and blow on the chocolate.

"They usually only go out with me for a stupid reason. Some people want me to spoil them since that's a thing I do. Others just want someone by their side, but they cheat on me later on." You say as I see sadness in your eyes.

"Or they just play with my emotions. I want something real, something nice. Not a game or a one nightstand type thing." You sighed and looked at your mug. "I'm still a virgin, don't think I don't have priorities."

I nodded and you took a sip.

"I didn't mean to hurt you."

I put my mug down and look at your eyes.

"Who told you?" I asked trying to narrow down the people I told about you.

I only told three people, I will figure it out soon.

"Doesn't matter, but they said you were acting differently since I indericlty hurt you. I'm sorry." You took another sip then put it down and got a cookie.

"Don't apoligize, I was hurting myself." It's true I was, but I wanted to blame someone else for that sadness.

So I chose you, but you're innocent.

"Don't do that anymore."

I nodded and took a sip from my mug.

"So I'll ask again." You turned to me and took a bite of your cookie.

Then finished it and looked at me straight in my eyes as I looked back to you.

"Will you go out with me, and experience what could possibly be love with me?"

I didn't hear a thing, well except for the next bite you took.

"Are you sure you want me?" I asked and you nodded.

"You won't regret it?" I asked and you nodded again.

"Besides your cookies and hot chocolate are bomb as fu-" I cut you off by putting a cookie into your mouth, which you chewed happily.

"Yes I'll go out with you. But one wrong move and my friends will hunt you down."

You laugh at this, as I only smile.

"Sure they will."

I chuckle and grabbed a cookie.

"You'd be surprised by what they're capable of." I take a bite.

"Official first home date." You say happily and I nod.

I got weird feelings in my stomach as I realized that we're together now.

I guess you're not that bad.