[2] Titanic

[2] Titanic

(Pilot pt 2)

(Pilot pt 2)

I groaned as I stretched out my sore limbs from sleeping on the pull-out couch with Kie last night. I sat up, seeing John B with a beer in his hand already, looking at photographs on the wall.

"Morning Kie, Kobi."

"Morning," We both groaned out.

I looked over to Kie, who was rubbing her eyes. I stood up and made my way towards the kitchen to clean up a little bit before I headed back to my dad's house for a bit. I grabbed the trash can, piling in pizza boxes, empty beer bottles, and God-knows-what else.

"Don't worry about that, K. I'll get it later," John B said.

"No you won't," I replied, continuing the chore. "Hey, I gotta head back. I'll be back later. You don't mind if I ride the storm out here, do you?"

"You know you don't have to ask, I'll see you later," John B said, walking over and placing a kiss on the top of my head.

"Peace, Kie!" I called out, to which she replied with a tired mumble. I didn't bother saying bye to Pope, who was still outside sleeping because I didn't want to wake him. I walked towards the front of the house, looking for my skateboard.

Of course with my luck, my board was right outside of the room where JJ was saying quite the good morning to the chick he brought home last night. I audibly gagged as I reached down. "There's this thing called a door, you should learn to use it JJ!" I yelled, grabbing the handle and slamming the door shut. I'm sorry, but that was not the way I wanted to start my morning. I shuddered, trying to rid my brain of the image of JJ with his tongue down a girl's throat.

Once I reached my driveway, I grabbed my board and walked up to the front door. I left my skateboard outside as I would be using it to get back to John B's later. Walking through the living room, I was more than surprised to see my father sitting on the couch, laptop on the table in front of him, working. He must've seen me in the reflection of the computer because as soon as I fully stepped into the room, he turned around.

"Kobi, there you are. Where were you?"

I had to hold back a scoff. "Not that you actually care, but John B's. And I'm going back over to ride the storm out with him, I just had to grab a couple things."

He nodded, turning back to his work. "I'm leaving in about an hour. I won't be home for a while, so Sasha will be coming to watch you." I figured. This was what he always did. Comes home for a day to act like he's part of my life, then leaves and doesn't bother to check up.