Part 3

That night Jimin was thinking about the strange tale, and he couldn't fall asleep. After a long while of laying awake, he heard a voice whispering in his ear.

It was the Mouse Queen with the Mouse King behind her. They had come back. The Queen said to Jimin, "Feed me your sweets, or I will make my Mouse King bite off the head of your precious nutcracker, and he will spit it out where nobody will find it, including your ingenious godfather."

Jimin was so afraid of the Mouse Queen and her threat to hurt his friend, that he got up and found some sweets for the Mouse Queen. She gobbled them immediately, leaving none for the Mouse King who stood behind her. Once the sweets were devoured, the Queen demanded more. Jimin went down to the pantry and found some cake, and she ate all that too, and the Christmas pudding, and the newly baked biscuits. Still she wanted more.

The Mouse King gave the food a longing look, but was unable to eat without the order from the Queen. Jimin had noticed that the Mouse King hadn't eaten any, and it made him curious, but kept quiet due to the Queen demanding more sweets.

"How much more shall I give you?" whined Jimin.

"It is for me to say to stop. Give me more. More I say!" The Mouse Queen said with a biting tone. 

Jimin then began to tear up, the stress of the situation and the thought of what his mother would think when the cooks discovered the sweets and biscuits had been eaten. As he was crying, the Nutcracker came striding into the room.

The Mouse Queen turned around and saw the Nutcracker. "Prepare to die, oh ugly one. Mouse King, go and fight the nutcracker. And make sure you win this time." The Mouse King tried hard to fight the order, making his moves uncoordinated, allowing the Nutcracker to take the lead. The Mouse Queen was furious, "Mouse King! Fight properly, I did not curse you to defy me." She waved her hands to cast magic on the Mouse King, making him fight properly.

Jimin's tears had calmed when he heard the Queen and saw her magic. His eyes widened with the thought of the Mouse King being cursed and forced to obey. "That would explain his actions with the sweets." He mumbled. He looked up and saw the Nutcracker start succumbing to the Mouse King. He quickly grabbed his slipper and threw it at the Mouse Queen, now knowing she was the one controlling the Mouse King. The slipper hit the Mouse Queen and she collapsed, the impact knocking her out. With the Queen unconscious, the King stopped fighting, shaking his head. The Nutcracker took this as an opportunity, and went to kill the Mouse King. But before he could kill the Mouse King, Jimin had picked up the Nutcracker. "Wait, the one that cursed you and the one that you need to kill is the Mouse Queen, not the Mouse King. Please spare the King." Jimin then set the Nutcracker down, noticing the Mouse King had run and was now hiding behind the leg of a nearby table. The Nutcracker looked at Jimin before going over and biting off the Mouse Queen's head.

Suddenly a bright light shone, and when Jimin could see again, he saw everything had grown. He was speechless, spinning to figure out what happened. He then looked over at the Nutcracker. Except instead of the Nutcracker, there was a man. He had gray hair and brown eyes. He was taller than Jimin as he only came to the man's nose.