Last Chapter :32: Secrets Unvelied and Hearts Reunited

Dedicated to Lemon0212 ♥️

Last Chapter!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Emily left, the room had two occupants left.
One was seething in anger, the other was defeated to the point of exhaustion.

Zubair stalked towards her in a predator's stance, grabbed her hand and dragged her away to their room.

As soon as the door to their room had closed, she found herself pinned to it.

"What am I to you?"

He questioned. It was a low, dead and empty voice.

"I-I....." her voice betrayed her.

"If you so much as asked, like a normal person, I'd have helped you. Did you have to run to a stranger for help. He called me earlier, Ibrahim did.

While I was waiting for Fairda. We were supposed to discuss tour project. I thought I'd be able get some information out of her, since you weren't letting me know.

But then, Ibrahim called me and told me everything from the beginning. I rushed out to father's office, soon after. He was the person who briefed me on everything.

Do you know how much it hurts when I feel useless? When I feel I can't do anything? Why didn't you even say anything? About what father told you? I could have helped you."

He wasn't breathing normally, by the end of his words. His breaths were ragged, like he was battling for air. For life.

Oh no.

"Zu-Zubair. You're having an anxiety attack! Relax. Please, please calm down. I'm sorry!"

Zaira wrapped her trembling arms around his waist and pulled him in for a hug. His body shook. He braced both of his arms against the door, caging her in, and holding his weight against the door.

"Useless.....I....feel....No! Not.....again!"

He managed to voice out some words. It seemed painful. Like each words was costing him.

"No! No, Zubair. I-I didn't tell you, not because you're useles. I am sorry! I just didn't want to lose to you! It was my fault! I like you! No, I-I love you! You're not useless! Please!"

Ziara begged desperately for him to return back to normality.

When his condition only worsened, she recited a string of Duas and blew it on him. She begged her Lord with all the strength she had. There was no one right now at home, to help her. She was helpless.

Just when she was thinking that she had to reach her phone which was downstairs, his stretched arms fell limp beside him and the whole of his body relaxed. The sudden weight on her was unbearable. She couldn't stand straight. Causing both of them to topple and land on the soft rug spread on the marble floor.

Zaira felt a stab of pain engulf her when both of them hit the floor. She ignored it and tried to move. But no amount of effort was enough.

They both remained still for a moment before a feeling of dread overtook Zaira. She was so caught in the moment, she hadn't felt him moving.

"Zubair!"

"I am fine. Just need to breathe."

His voice cracked at the end.

When his heavy breathing returned to somewhat a normal pattern, she heaved a sigh of relief.

They were both laying side by side.