Coffee Shop - Ausdam

AUSTIN:

I texted Chris quickly before getting out of the warm bed.

"Hey! We're still on for coffee right?"

I laid the phone on the counter before undressing and slipping into the shower.

Chris and I have been friends since junior year of college. We met in one of the many, many seminars that we were required to go to.

Neither of us cared to listen to what the professor was saying. I noticed him slouching, trying not to fall asleep. We had a very interesting talk about how the professor could play Kronk in a live action movie of, "The Emperor's New Groove."

We hung out a lot after the seminar and we're inseparable now. I love hanging out with him; he is like the brother I never had.

_________________

When I got out of the shower, I noticed a notification had popped up on my phone. Chris had replied to my text.

"Duh! But is it okay if my brother comes?"

I had never met his brother. All I knew was that his name was Adam and he was 2 years younger than us. I guess if he is Chris's brother, he should be cool. I quickly texted back and continued to get ready.

"That's fine."

__________________

I pulled up to the coffee shop a few minutes early to go ahead and order our drinks. Chris mentioned one time that his brother liked tea, so I bought him green tea, praying he likes it.

When I saw Chris walk through the door, I waved him over and hugged him. Following behind him was a taller blonde. I was pulled in immediately by his bright blue eyes. My body froze as I stared into his eyes.

Clearing my throat, I held my hand out towards him. "Austin." He gladly shook my hand and smiled. "Adam"

I smiled back. Adam. Nice.

I motioned the pair to sit down and I started handing out the drinks. Once I got to Adam, I hesitantly set it down.

"Uh, I hope you like green tea. I didn't know what kind you would like. Chris mentioned you like tea. If you don't like it, I can get you something else. It would be totally fine by-"

My rambling was cut short by Adam, luckily. He chuckled and shook his head. "Green tea is my favorite. Thank you."

I simply nodded and smiled widely. Noted.

"So uh, Adam, how come I haven't met you? I have known Chris for 5 years." Chris nudged my arm harshly causing me to wince.

Adam rubbed the back of his neck and laughed a little, "I actually was in a Correctional Facility, or prison, for domestic violence and abuse." I nodded.

"But he didn't do it." Chris' anger rose.

"Chris, it's fine, I'm out now."

"It's not fine! They had no right!"

Adam laid his hand and Chris's shoulder and sighed. "I had no proof that I didn't do it. Ericha did, even though it was fake. And no one took the time to listen to my side, but I did the time. I don't have to go back."

Chris let out an angry huff before calming down. "Well it is good to finally meet you. I have heard nothing but great things."

Adam raised his eyebrow and looked back and forth from Chris to me. "Seriously, I don't think Chris has said any bad thing about you."

"He better not." Adam glared at Chris jokingly.

_________________

"It was really nice meeting you, Adam. I hope we will get to hang out some other time."

"How about this Saturday?"

I stared at him shocked. "I- uh, yeah! Yeah. This Saturday? Yeah. Sounds good."

Adam laughed and smiled, "Just meet me at Chris's and we will go from there."

"Okay. Alright. Saturday." I mumbled under my breath, still trying to process it.

"Saturday." Adam nodded.

"Well, we better get going." Chris interrupted.

"Uh yeah. Bye, Austin. I'll see you Saturday."

"Bye." I spoke barely above a whisper.

Adam smiled one last time before walking out behind Chris, leaving me to stand alone in the shop.

_______________

"TIM YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED."

"What?"

"I AM GOING ON A DATE WITH THE CUTEST GUY EVER."

"Oh really?"

"Yes! It's Chris's brother. He just got out of prison. Chris and I met up for coffee and he asked if his brother could come and I said sure. I was stunned when I first saw him. He has the prettiest blue eyes and blonde hair."

"That's great, man."

.........

"DID YOU JUST SAY PRISON!!!??"

___________________

enjoy 💌
[ 760 words ]