one.

"moon taeil, stay after class, please."

taeil shrunk in his seat slightly as whispers arose around the classroom. he wasn't at all used to this sort of attention- he was the good, quiet kid in the back of the class that lacked confidence and altogether wasn't too noticeable. he wracked his brain for any given reason as to why professor kim called him to stay behind, and his anxiety only grew when he couldn't think of a cause.

the professor dismissed the class and taeil waited until everyone let out before nervously traveling to the front of the class. he stood in front of the professor's desk, wondering why he needed to be there in the first place.

"did i do something wrong?" taeil questioned, playing with the sleeve of his shirt awkwardly. professor kim gave him a smile, shaking her head to reassure him that everything was fine.

"not that i know of," she laughed, "no need to look so frightened, taeil. i only asked you to stay behind because i was wondering if you'd be interested in tutoring a student for me."

taeil breathed a sigh of relief, nodding slightly.

"okay, maybe. who is it?" taeil asked.

"one of the freshmen students here. he's been struggling with this course since he got here. he's actually a vocalist like yourself," professor kim stated, "he got a full scholarship here for his voice just like you did, so i figured you would be able to click well with him. he's... a little loud, energetic, but he's a sweet kid and i would hate to see him lose his scholarship because of his grade in my class."

taeil hummed ever so quietly, thinking to himself. he was a vocal major like himself, new to the school and not doing so well in the basic academic courses. it sounded like he could really use a senior to help him adjust to university life, and taeil didn't really have much going on for him outside of his classes.

"his name is lee donghyuck," professor kim said, pulling up donghyuck's grades and showing them to taeil, "as you can see, he's one bad grade away from failing the class. he was already pushing it since he's on a scholarship, so he should be getting a low b in the class at the very least. will you tutor him? you can consider it as extra credit."

"okay, professor kim," taeil nodded, "it sounds like he needs to study more, and i don't want him to get kicked from school so i'll help him out."

"great," professor kim smiled, "very well. you can go on ahead, i'll set up a place for you both to meet and i'll let you know tomorrow in class."

"alright. have a nice day, professor kim," taeil bowed politely, then hurrying out of the classroom. he sighed, walking down the hallway to get out of the math building. he didn't really want to help tutor some kid he didn't even know, but he also didn't want to think his professor was rude.

"it won't be so bad," taeil mumbled to himself, "worst case scenario, i just give up a few hours of my week. i have the time anyways."

taeil nodded. there was nothing to worry about. this would be fine- maybe even fun. perhaps he would even gain a new friend from the experience.

maybe tutoring lee donghyuck would be good for him.

~~~~~~

"class dismissed. not you, lee donghyuck."

donghyuck sighed, closing his textbook and notebook before putting them in his bag. it was the third time he was called to stay behind class that week, and he was really getting tired of the professor telling him that he failed yet another quiz.

"good luck, dude," one of his friends, mark, said as he passed by him, "rooting for you."

"thanks," donghyuck huffed as he got up from his seat. he calmly walked over to the professor's desk, looking utterly done with life.

"yes, professor kim?" donghyuck asked in a flat voice.

"lovely to talk to you again too, donghyuck," professor kim sighed, "i'll get straight to the point. you're going to fail this class."

"thanks for the heads up," donghyuck nodded, already turning to leave. his teacher chewing him out was the last thing he needed- his parents were already doing that enough. if he heard one more time about how he was going to blow a perfect opportunity, a full ride to his dream university, he was sure he would go mental.

"unless you get a tutor."

donghyuck stopped, frowning as he turned to look back at the professor. him, get a tutor? he might as well just die of embarrassment already.

"i don't need other people knowing that i'm stupid, professor kim," donghyuck said.

"you're not stupid, donghyuck. you just need a little bit of a push, maybe someone to introduce you to some new study tactics," professor kim shook her head, "and the student that agreed to do it is very sweet. he's kind, quiet, doesn't talk to very many people so you don't have to worry about him telling others about your grades. he's had almost perfect scores in this class since his freshman year, and he's a senior now. he's in the complex, advanced courses. he can help you, donghyuck."

"i don't need help, professor kim."

"maybe. just meet him once. his name is moon taeil-"

"moon taeil?" donghyuck exclaimed, his eyes instantly lighting up, "wait, really? as in the vocal king, moon taeil? as in the incredibly adorable senior, moon taeil? as in the previous and shy moon taeil?"

"yes, that's the one," professor kim nodded, then raising an eyebrow, "i'll assume you admire him."

"who doesn't?" donghyuck scoffed, shaking his head, "he's like the entire reason i even started singing. we went to the same high school, but i entered in a year after he graduated. he's a legend there, the entire music department was so proud that he got into here. is he really gonna be the one who tutors me?"

"well, yes, he's already agreed to it. i'm glad you're agreeing to it. i think this can really help you both. you need help with your grades, and he needs help with his self-confidence. you can help him with that and he can help you raise your scores. when are you free to meet him?" professor kim asked.

"anytime he wants, like anytime," donghyuck said, "i'll clear my entire schedule, professor kim."

"alright, calm down a second. it's just a tutoring session. he's here to help you study," professor kim chuckled, "how about the campus library, tomorrow at six?"

"okay, sure," donghyuck nodded rapidly, slightly jumping on his heels, "i'll meet him there. i'll bring him food- wait, no, they don't allow food in the library. okay, we'll get food afterwards! tell him not to eat beforehand! have a nice day, mrs. kim, i need to go pick out an outfit for tomorrow!"

donghyuck dashed out the classroom before the professor could stop him, radiating his usual sunshine energy. he saw mark was waiting for him outside of the classroom and went to him. mark glanced for him, looking slightly worried.

"hey, what did she keep you behind for this time?"

donghyuck grinned, beaming as he thought about how fun it would be to spend time with the man who inspired him to become a singer. taeil was just too perfect- cute, a little shy, just utterly an adorable ball of fluff. he was, in every way, donghyuck's dream guy.

"the best thing in my entire life just happened."