11. Farm/Ranch

"You seriously never rode a horse before? As expected from a city boy."

Killua glares daggers as he tries to get up on the horse's saddle placed by Gon. Watching his new supposed friend they coincidentally in the city holding an amused grin.

A smudge of dark covered his tanned face and arms. Arms that surely carry heavy stuff around the bustling farm. He wonders how they would feel beneath-quickly pushing those unnecessary physical attraction thoughts that'll go too far aside to focus the task at hand.

"I'm a college student who's trying to pay off their debt and tuition at a market. Now, why am I here again?"

Gon chuckles. God. It should be illegal to laugh that cutely. "Here, let me help. You aren't making any progress." Bringing his hand to give Killua a small boost on the back. Which was helpful despite his pride now wounded.

"Thank you. Could've gotten it myself." Settling on the relaxed black stallion. Jumped when the horse shook her head for a second and waited for further command.

"Okay, now what? Do I use these leads?" Killua tugs on the lead. The horse jerks.

"Hey it's okay Stellar." Gon rubs the smooth coated head to calm down the horse and turns to face Killua. "I'll walk you two around and then we can go walk somewhere together. How's that sound, city goer?"

Killua rolls his eyes. "Fine. But quit calling me that, I have a name, farm boy."

Gon ignores the rest and nods in a hum. "Let's go Stellar and city goer."

Killua inwardly groans. This was gonna be a long day with regret of coming to visit.

All he asked was a report about the farm of what's life like here. Not to be a farm boy. Nothing against them but it's not in his perk of interest.

He just hopes to survive this newly unasked experience and go home.

~•*•~

"What do you think?"

Coming to a full stop near a trail. Gon held onto the green lead to watch Killua looking a bit tired or bored, probably both.

Killua shrugs. "It's alright. Not as bad as I thought it was gonna be."

He answers truthfully. At first he thought they were gonna walk around in circles for long periods of time in the training gates, instead, he gets a detour of what's around the barn and explains what he does around the barn with his aunt.

Expectation of falling when the horse either gets spooked or falling off looking like an idiot.
Thankfully the horse is well trained to not be reckless or easily afraid of simple training it probably got used too over time.

"That's good too hear! Wanna go somewhere off this trail?" Gon asks. Eyes were wide and studied Killua. It made Killua shift weirdly to consider. Maybe he'll get more needed information about the farm off the trails in case he runs short of the requirements needed.

Killua nods. He waits for Gon to Continue, but what he didn't expect is Gon to hop back behind him without further warning. Warm back faintly furnaces behind his own, not necessarily touching. He stiffens at the movement before Gon speaks.

"I wanna show you something cool, it'll probably help with your assignment."

"How did you-"

"A friend told me. Now. It'll be quicker if Stellar steady jogs than me walking down the trail. Are you ready for a faster ride on Stella or not yet? It's fine if you aren't up for it." Gon questions to make sure Killua is up for the task.