King Ben || Secrets

Request: basis of the request is that the reader is a mermaid and hasn't told their friends that they can turn into a mermaid when wet, and also that they have a crush on King Ben
Gender: none, they/them
Warnings: non
———

Mal grinned as she took another strawberry and ate it, conversing with Evie on the latest school assignment and fashion.
"So what you're saying," you said looking at Jay, "is that we should steal motorbikes?" you asked with a confused look.
"Exactly! I miss our motorbikes, it's how we got around the most in the Aisle," Jay responded as he ate some grapes. You laughed.
"Right, lets just steal motorbikes from the castle while we have the king literally sitting next to us," you laughed and motioned to Ben who was talking with Carlos about Dude and his recent sick stomach. You were about to say something but the thought left your head as soon as you heard the scream that rippled through the trees as you all looked to each other in concern.
"Don't tell me our parents are back," Carlos muttered, he was scared, as all the VKs would, and should, be, but as the figure came out of the shadows your shoulders slumped as did everyone else's.
"Audrey," you all said at the same time with a grin as the girl came into view, fury brimming to her head and steam coming from her ears, metaphorically of course though you would love to see that.
"Ben!" Audrey yelled, was she carrying something? "Why are you out here?" the girl questioned as she came to a stop in front of Ben, a water bottle clutched in her hand.
"Because we can be?" Ben questioned with a laugh, "you can join us if you really want Audrey but i don't know how the others would feel," Ben said looking at the others.
"Oh no, it's okay Benny Boo," Audrey said.
"Why do i have a feeling she's about to start something?" Jay whispered next to you, you couldn't help but let a little giggle out which caught Audrey for her worse side.
"You! Just who i was looking for!" Audrey exclaimed with fake happiness, this caught everyone off guard as she stood next to you, "Benny Boo, do you ever wonder why (Y/n) here is the child of Ariel and never told you the family secret?" Audrey directed to Bne but it felt like it was a jab at everyone as Ben looked to Audrey with concern and you looked at her scared as you stood from the picnic blanket; the VKs following in your step.
"Don't Audrey," you said with a glare, "how you figured out is through your grape vine but i suggest you really don't do what you're about to do should Poseidon rain down on you and Zeus-" before you could finish Audrey uncapped the water bottle and splashed it into your face.
"AUDREY," everyone exclaimed, Jay knew what was about to happen; you had told him a while ago, confided in him as he was your best friend, but the others didn't know. It wasnt that you didn't want them to know, it just never came up.
"(Y/n) the lake!" Jay exclaimed quickly as he pointed to the enchanted lake, you could already feel it coming on and you nodded before diving into the water. The Vks, Ben and Audrey gathered around the marble beams of the rotunda as they looked into the water, waiting for you to resurface. It felt like minutes before your head broke the water barrier and locked onto Audrey's devious smile, your arm shot out of the water and towards her as a gust of water followed it and sprayed Audrey, the girl yelled but when no one came to her rescue with a 'are you okay?' she left in a flurry.
"(Y/n), what's that?" Ben asked as he pointed to something colourful in the water, you sighed as you swam to the edge of the rotunda and helped your weight onto the marble, your colourful tail coming in beneath you.
"Woah," Carlos breathed, "is that? Are you?"
"Yes," you said, it was simple.
"Why didn't you tell us?" Evie asked, "it's a beautiful tail by the way, look at the colours..." Evie mumbled off as she crouched next to you and waved her hand over the new appendage.
"I told Jay but he was the only one because he asked," you said simply, "it never came up in conversation with anyone but him so i didn't think to tell you guys," you said with a shrug as your tail sploshed in and out of the water, the fins were not like your mothers and instead looked like a large fan instead of a real fish tail. You liked it, it was unique, different. The group neared your tail and took turns touching it, feeling the scales and its sliminess, you laughed as Carlos retracted his hand quickly at that feeling.
"It's beautiful," Ben mumbled as he sat next to you, you looked at him and smiled before realising how close the two of you really were. You cleared your throat before looking away with a blush, "your beautiful," Ben whispered to you, you smiled but didn't look his way and instead slipped back into the warmth of the enchanted lake.
"Anyone down to swim?" you asked as your head bobbed in the water, everyone looked like they wanted to but when Evie motioned to the lovestruck look of Ben the VKs all decided to leave.
"Sorry (Y/n)! We have a, um, thing!" Evie exclaimed as she gathered her friends and they all moved off except for Ben.
"Ben?" you asked, "wanna jump in? You can come in your underwear, I won't look," you said with a grin as you swam effortlessly. Ben nodded as he was stuck for words, you smiled brightly as you turned around to give Ben his privacy before feeling arms touching your waist from behind. Turning around you expect to be splashed with water but was instead faced with a loved up looking Ben, "o-oh, i didn't...didn't expect you to be so close," you said, it felt like a whisper, something only for Ben to hear.
"I didn't expect you to be a merperson," Ben said with a laugh, "listen, (Y/n)" Ben said with a cough, he blushed as he felt his legs touch your tail, you could feel it too and got closer; wrapping your arms around Bens waist as he wrapped his arms around your neck, his legs encasing your waist as you kept the two of you up, "are you hiding anything else?" Ben asked with a laugh, he oh-so desperately wanted to tell you he loved you and shout at the top of the world for them all to hear but he didn't. You gulped, now or never.
"Unfortunately i am," you said softly before clearing your throat, "King Ben," you nudged Ben's nose with yours as the two of you got impossibly closer, "i have fallen for you, and have been falling ever since the VKs came to Auradon Prep," you said softly.
"(Y/n)" Ben breathed taken aback, "that was three years ago," the king said, he felt like he couldn't believe it. You took this as a rejection and nodded as tears brimmed your eyes.
"I know," you said softly in a broken voice, "I'm sorry, sorry for everything; not telling you about this, about me and-" Ben's lips landed against yours in an emotional kiss, it took a moment of realisation for you to gather your thoughts before kissing him back. Fierce, loving, emotional, lips and teeth clashing as you held each other close before breaking for a breath.
"I started falling for you when you helped us defeat Uma the first time," Ben said breathlessly.
"That was two years ago Ben," you said mirroring his words with a grin.
"Will you um," Ben started stuttering over his words.
"Yes," you said with a grin, Ben smiled and kissed you again, threading his fingers through your hair.