UNSOLVED: Makiko Tsuchiyama

s. ranker, myotakuworld

on a cool wednesday in higashi-osaka city, 1984, there was a little girl named makiko tsuchiyama. she was found flat on her face in a drainage ditch behind her home. she was not responding, and her neck seemed as if it had been strangled with some sort of cord. despite all efforts, she, unfortunately, passed away 9 hours after being rushed to the hospital.

makiko was playing outside alone, which wasn't unusual as other children in her neighborhood were out soon. however, nobody saw her murderer.

what is extremely weird about this case, though, is that makiko had been found unconscious in the same spot about a month prior to her death.

after the first incident, makiko's grandfather received a weird phone call from an unidentified lady. she was sobbing and speaking incomprehensibly. after her grandfather tried to talk to her for 2 minutes, the woman suddenly said "i'm sorry," and hung up.

her grandfather had not yet learned about makiko's incident, so he just assumed she had the wrong number. for the next few days, he received many more inexplicable calls, and when he picked up, he was met with silence on the other line.

police originally thought that makiko's first incident was just an accident. they said that makiko had gotten her neck hooked around a strap that was attached to the door of her house. after makiko died, they decided to launch a criminal investigation. everyone found it strange that makiko was found in that area, as she had refused to go near it ever since the first incident.

since makiko had no signs of a psychical struggle, police suspect somebody lured makiko away and strangled her in a different location.

in a few months, it will be 36 years since makiko died. her killer and the mysterious woman that called her grandfather have never been identified.

yes im reusing my old book cover lol someone made it for me and idk who they are so i cant ask for a new one sigh