Back To School

You stepped onto the Hogwarts train and walked towards the compartments. You were on your way back to Hogwarts after the end of year break. A new year meant that you would have a fresh start at your school! A chance to learn new things and- your thought process was cut off by the sharp pain of somebody's shoulder bumping into yours, shoving you to the side a little. You turned back to see none other than Draco Malfoy. There goes your fresh start.

Back when you were younger, you and Draco used to be the best of friends, inseparable, actually. But, you being a 'lower ranked' pure blood, you and Draco grew apart. As you grew older, he became more and more influenced by his parents, and became more and more rude to you. This broke your heart, at first, to see your only best friend grow away from you, but you learnt to live with it as time passed. Although, it would be much easier if he left you alone. But nope. He never left you alone, oh no, he would borderline bully you every single day. Without fail! He turned from your best friend, to your enemy. You shook away the thoughts, and continued on to your compartment. You entered and saw your friends waiting inside.

"PADMA!!! PARVATI!!"
"Y/N!!" You and your friends, Padma and Parvati greeted each other with a big warm hug. "I haven't spoken to you in so long!" Padma said.
"What about all the letters I sent to your house?" You asked, with a smirk on your face.
"Those don't count! It's better to talk face to face, then I can see your reactions" she said with a big laugh. You three sat there catching up and laughing about different happenings from over the break. "Oh yeah, guess who I saw already.." you started. Parvati rolled her eyes as she knew exactly who you meant. "Already? You just stepped on the train and he's already at it!" She exclaimed. "I don't know why you put up with him y/n" You looked at her as she said her words. How would you explain to her that you still deeply care for him, not in a romantic way, but as a friend. You two were so close, you couldn't just stop caring about him. "I'd rather he attacked me than anyone else, I can take him anyways" you smiled and laughed it off lightly.

-

Soon enough, the train arrived at your destination, and you head off to Hogwarts. You and Parvati found your seat at the Gryffindor table, and departed from Padma, as she was a Ravenclaw. The teachers and Dumbledore gathered at the front, and silenced everybody so they can give their start of year speech that practically no one listens to. You tuned out the speech and looked across the hall to catch Padma looking back at you smiling, you stifled a laugh and realised she must also not be paying attention. Your attention was suddenly diverted to somebody poking your back from behind. You turned around slightly to see none other than Draco. Again.

What did he want now. You ignored him and turned back to the front, you didn't want to have points taken from your house already! The year just started! No matter how hard you tried, the poking became more and more insistent. Your anger raised up and you could feel your blood boiling. You turned around and whisper-shouted "Malfoy, shut the hell up!!". You saw his slightly shocked but satisfied face, it always made him happy to see that he had gotten to you, that's why you stopped reacting to anything he did. But this time he was just getting on your nerves. You had such a great summer break and now he's ruined your whole mood. Again, you turned to the front, trying to focus on not focusing.

You tried your hardest not to turn around again, but what pricked your ears was when you heard your name being spoken by one of Draco's sidekicks, and a "don't say that! She might hear us" followed after by Draco. Now that was intriguing to you. Usually when Malfoy had something to say, he would say it to your face without hesitation. All of a sudden he was telling his friends to be quieter do you wouldn't hear? This was strange indeed. You tried to listen in to their conversation but were shortly cut off by dumbledores speech ending.

You got up to leave the great hall and find Padma, as Parvati went to find some of her friends, who had seemed to disappear within a crowd of students, when a hand grabbed your wrist and pulled you into an empty hallway. You focused your eyes to see a certain platinum haired boy stood in front of you. He let go of your hands and rubbed his hands against his legs. He looked nervous. You stayed silent, you wanted to see what he had to say.

"Y/n.... I don't know any better way to ask this but...... will you go out with me..?"