Over a Month(s)

Today the sun show up and disappear right when the moon show their self. The next day also same, the sun come and disappear. The day was changing one after another and never stops same like time, keep moving forward as it didn't show any trouble.

The sun somehow told me to stay alert whenever patrolling certain area, meanwhile the moon in night sky always forced me to stay awake and fight against demons. No matter how many they are. All I need to do is swing my nichirin into their neck, slash it into pieces.

The wind blowing softly, caress my cheeks as it signaling me to take a break once a while. Accompany with soft white cotton of cloud in blue afternoon sky.

"...working as pillar wasn't easy at all..."

I commented to no one as exhaling my breath.

Ah...right. I am having my break in some random little shop near forest. A field is used as scenery in front of me after a small river walk across it.

I took the glass in my left side, contain with hot tea and taking a sip from it. Slowly and enjoy the taste of sweet and bitter from the tea itself, letting them down to my throat. Well... I'm trying to enjoy my short break.

(Spare me! I'm also a human. I need my rest too!)

Each time done taking a sip, a long sigh escaped from my lips, reflexively. Of course not forget to mention that sometimes several thought popped up in my mind.

Once become a pillar— No, I think it's soon after I joined the Demon Slayer corps, I always move by my own self. At certain time I also meet with other member, they often move in small group, either its 4 or 5 people. I also never had any thought of meet with them, the same person for the second time. If it's really happens, I—

"Araa... Araa...Isn't it who I think will be?"

"Huh?"

"Good afternoon. We meet again, right?"

"Kochou...Kanae..."

Soon after I speak her name, Kanae smile at me.

'God, this woman sure know how to stop and drag me out from my mind in second...'

Being honest, I was beyond surprised to meet the same person for the second time. It seems Kanae realize what is inside my mind, she told me that there's a chance of us to meet again. She is standing in front of me after all. Kanae was about to speak again yet another voice come first before her, it comes from her behind and make her turn.

"Sis, do you know this person?"

"Of course, I know. He is (l/n) (y/n), the new pillar. Have you hear about it?"

"Ah, yes, I do. Nice to meet you."

The other person, somehow I have met them somewhere. A young girl with yakai-maki hairstyle; black hair and shade of purple in its tip. A purple butterfly attached in back of their head. This girl was familiar to me...

"It's your first time speak with my sister, right? How? Isn't Shinobu looks cute in your eyes?"

"Wha–Wait! Sis! What are you talking about!?"

"Shinobu?"

"Yes. That's my name, Kochou Shinobu."

"–Oh, you're that unconscious girl—"

'Oh shit. I slipped it out of my tongue!'

Shinobu quickly throw me a death glare, meanwhile I quickly took as sip of the tea and throw my face. Going to be honest Shinobu must not very pleased with this situation, although she manage to stay calm. Did she stay silent because she respects me as the one who had tittle as pillar? Whatever it takes, from her face I know this girl is a straightforward person.

Shinobu sighed before speak to me,

"I already heard what happened from my sister. Thank you for helping us back then."

"No need. I supposed I should apologize as well. Sorry if I makes you feel unpleased."

I raise my head and apologize directly to the girl. In my opinion, I can feel Kanae smiled happily towards us. I inspect Shinobu face for a second, she seem had many words inside her head though she decide not to ask and turn to face her sister.

"Now sis, let's continue our assigment. Besides, it would be rude for us to disturb the pillar more than this. Even you know him; I don't think it's a good idea."

"You may right. That's so sad. I was hoping to spend some time and have a talk with you, (l/n)."

"Where to go?"

Shinobu quite hesitate to answer my question. She stay quiet for several second before give me the answer.

"Couple village in the east. The one who get separated by a river."

"Well, it would be nice if you join us too~"

"Sis, he is a pillar. He had his own task to do!"

"Now~Now~ I aware of that Shinobu~ There's nothing wrong with having other company right?"

'Briefly Shinobu... It's not like that you don't want assist from a pillar but you just don't want a male company, right?'

After Kochou sister small speech, they bowed to me and walk to their destination. Kanae still have the smile in her face as she waves her hand to me. Meanwhile the young Kochou, Shinobu tried to stay calm as she keep lead her sister.

The (e/c) orbs of mine still glued to their back. Part of mine speaking that it was interesting to watch Kochou sister relation. A soft murmur escaped...

"See you there, butterflies..."