Since The Dawn Of Time

Frigid fingers trembled slightly in the cold of the high altitude air as the short, small figure flitted through the skies. Pale white puffs of air were flying into her her face which prompted and irritated groan from the cloak swaddled figure. 'Should I have just walked instead?,' Jalett thought bitterly as she wiped away the pieces of ice forming on her lips. She wanted nothing more but for this dreaded winter to be gone and make way for the spring warmth. Her uncharacteristic admiration for the season of life was something she was rather ashamed about but she looked forward to it nonetheless. 

Lost in her thoughts, it was no surprise that she had noticed just how quickly she has arrived back at the school. As she made her swift descend towards one of the open windows a delicate voice rang out to her from the remains of what used to be Sophie's walkway. There on the slightly unkept black and red themed runway stood a small figure, waving and calling out to her. A puff of fluffy white and ice blue among the black marble and red silk of the luxurious style path. "Jalett! Jalett! Come down here! It's me! Asoen!" 

With a sigh she guided herself carefully to approach the figure of her brother, almost smothered in his winter coat. "You didn't need to yell," she huffed as she hovered just above the ledge. The young man's expression scrunched into one of concern as he grabbed her thin wrist and pulled her down to face him. "You would've ignored me otherwise, no?," he retaliated with a mischievous smile, his concern once again masked behind his charming persona. Jalett rolled her eyes and retracted her hand from his hold. "I can't believe you're the Good one." Asoen cackled at that, slapping her shoulder feverishly. 

"Ow! Brother! That hurts! Get your beefy arms off of me!" As Jalett attempted to scratch and claw away the taller male's hand off her shoulders Asoen ended his laughing and gazed at her with a smile. "You look like you're in a good mood. Did you find them? Did it go well?" Jalett snarled venomously at his remark and questions. "Good mood, my ass! The amount of trouble I have to go through for that blasted orb! May it break by viper venom and Hell's fire!" Asoen raised a perfectly arched eyebrow at her fuming. "Why did you accept it from that witch anyways?" His sister snorted and crossed her arms in a gesture of defensiveness. "Learn to take an opportunity when it comes." 

Asoen's smile waned just a twinge as he held her hand in his and walked her back towards the entrance of the tower which would lead them down to the rest of the school. "Where did you find them?" He asked once more as he sat across from her on the velvet couch, golden tip of his boot shoving away stray pieces of burnt wood from the hearth. Jalett raised a questioning brow at him over the rim of her cup, eyes sparking with curiosity. "Why does it matter to you?," she replied vaguely. Asoen frowned at that but continued to stare into the fire. It flickered and waned under his gaze. He dug his nails into his palms and gritted his teeth. "I'm a school master to you know? We are both equal halves of the same power." 

Jalett hummed in response as she sucked on the spoon she had previously been using to devour the sugary cake which is now missing from her plate. She smirked and side eyed her distracted brother. His dark brown hair a strong contrast against the bright colours of his white and blue prince suit. 'I wonder if it truly is equal,' she thought curiously as she made her way to him. As she draped her arm over his stiff shoulder she ruffled his hair with an affectionate chuckle. "Worry not, brother. I can ensure you that our reign will not end so soon. And definitely not because of something as small and minuscule as this." 

----------------------------------------

Hort continued to sulk by his desk as he bitterly scratched cross after cross onto several sheets of paper, with no second glance given. He was emanating a pathetic sullen aura that someone could basically smell as soon as they stepped into the confines of the moldy wall of the room. 'Unbelievable! After all this! Isn't this basically our efforts wasted! I should tell someone shouldn't I? Yeah! I should! We can plan before he att-'