Sudden Rage

I lay awake in the dark, it was still pitch black outside and I figured morning would still be some time away.

Blake lay behind me, his arm draped around my waist, his steady breathing the only sound in the quiet night.I did not necessarily remember getting back into bed. I figured that I had been either to tired to notice or Blake had just carried me up here. The last thought made me cringe.

I had awoken some time ago after having a nightmare and now I couldn't go back to sleep even if I wanted to. I actually enjoyed the quiet. At least right now no one was wanting anything from me or looking at me in a weird way or doing other horrible stuff.

But I did need to pee. I tried to keep it in as long as I could but now I just had to and I did not want to disturb the beast sleeping peacefully behind me. I liked him best this way. Asleep and not talking.

I moved a bit away from him to try out the territory. When he didn't seem to notice anything I cautiously lifted his muscled arm from my waist. Even in sleep that stupid arm was rock-hard. I held in my breath when I wriggled from under his touch, preparing for him to wake at any moment.

But he didn't. 

I softly got up from the bed and let out a breath of relief when he still kept on sleeping peacefully. It was unfair. How could he just lay there and have sweet dreams when he should be plagued by monsters at night. Where is karma when you need it?

Shaking my head clear of thoughts of how I just wanted to strangle him in his sleep, I quietly slipped into the bathroom. I splayed my face with water and then walked back out, softly.

It was the middle of the night and it was probably still a couple of hours before they would all wake up. I went to the window and thought for some time.

Should I try it?

It might be the only chance I got to slip away under cover of night and try to find some sort of civilization. My thoughts went back to Blake's threat the day before. But was he only bluffing? I knew that trying the door would be just plain stupid but no one could guaratntee that we were that far away from civilization and I still wore the clothes from yesterday that were kind of comfy and warm.

There was also no guarantee that they would keep their end of the bargain and let Nathan and me go. And after what had already happened to me I was in no mood to stay here for another couple of days.

Before I could overthink it, I opened the window and breathed in the cold night air. I looked at the moon, it was almost full and would give me enough light.

I took in a deep breath and grabbed the window sill, determined to swing my legs over the legde, when suddenly two familiar arms wrapped around me from behind. I jumped and let out a surprised squeal, causing Blake to chuckle.

"What do you think you are doing, love?" I slumped into myself slightly, every chance of getting out disappearing. I could basically watch it waving goodbye at me in my inner eye and sail into the starry night-sky.

"I couldn't sleep." I responded while trying to conceal my dissapointment at being caught.

"And why is that?" His voice was still coated in sleep but he seemed to be waking up when he pulled my body closer to his. My hands were still gripping the sill, my knuckles turning white with my tight grip as I tried to distract myself from his touch.

"Nightmare." I simply responded.

"What about?" I cringed when he pressed his stubbled cheek against mine, looking past me out into the night.

"About a bunch of assholes abducting and raping me." I said cooly, hoping he would get the hint. I felt him chuckling slightly.

"They do sound rather bad, don't they?" I rolled my eyes and tried to get my face away from him.