Chapter One

Rory got out of the passenger side of the old beat up truck and stared up at the house that loomed in front of her.

All of the houses on the block were old and set off an unsettling vibe, but she had no choice but to get used to it, because no other foster homes would take her in.

" Rory? Honey can you grab the box in the back seat please? " Carter, her foster dad called from the front door of the house.

" Ok." She said quietly, grabbing the box from the backseat, carrying it inside and placing it on the floor.

Despite the looks on the outside of the house, it was beautiful on the inside.

" You know, it was built in the early eighteen hundreds. " Carter stated, admiring the old art work that hung on the walls.

It was already furnished, although most of the furniture was a little old, it was all put together very nicely.

Rory grabbed her book bag and her box, looking up at Carter.

" Oh! Uh, you can pick what room you want, there's plenty of them. When you're done, can you come back down and help me in the kitchen please? "

Rory nodded and trudged up the creaky staircase, walking down the dim hallway.

She stopped in front of a door that was at the end of the hallway and pushed the door open, smiling slightly.

The room was a lot bigger then all of the rooms she was ever in combined.

She put her stuff down and laid on the big bed, sighing softly. The bed was extremely comfortable, and she was tempted to go to bed, but she really wanted Carter to like her, so she stood up and went back downstairs.

Rory finally found the kitchen and she smiled. It was extremely big, but it was beautiful.

She grabbed a box labeled as kitchen and began to unpack it. 

She put the dishes away and unpacked the groceries that Carter had bought, placing every thing were it belonged.

Rory had to use a step up stool because she was incredibly short for her age. She stood at four feet seven inches and a lot of people thought she was twelve, when she was really seventeen.

Carter came into the kitchen and gave her a smile, giving her head a pat." Thank you. The neighbors seem very nice and I think we'll invite to dinner one day this week. "

Rory looked out the window and stared at the house next door. The house was a lot creepier than the others on the block and she figured it was the oldest house there.
------
Later that night, while Rory was changing, she felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. She turned and looked out the window, staring at the house next door, blushing when she saw a boy around her age staring at her, holding what looked like a camera.

She quickly covered her chest and shut the curtains. She felt extremely uncomfortable and she she quickly pulled a shirt on, peeking out of the window once again.

He was still there, only this time he bore a disturbing smile on his face while he looked at her.

Rory gulped and shut the curtains again, rubbing her arms.

Whoever that boy was, he was really creepy.

Had he really taken a picture of her?

Maybe if she told Carter he'd take care of it, but she was worried.  What if he thought that she was just making it up and got angry at her?

Rory groaned and bit her lip, sitting down onto her bed. Maybe she was just stressed from the move, after all, it had been almost a twenty hour drive.

She laid back on her bed and closed her eyes, hugging a pillow tightly.

As she was falling asleep, she swore that the wind sounded like someone screaming bloody murder.