1a: Side of Sass

Danielle

"I swear Danielle," Samantha started.

I interrupted her next thought, "I don't like being the only freshman in my spanish class. I feel so small." My teacher had the seniors find their seats first, then the juniors, then the sophomores. I was the only one standing. I took the last seat, which happened to be in the front.

I'm probably going to get beaten up now, like in those movies. If I don't give them my homework, their going to throw me into a dumpster or something. Oh goodness.

I hate high school already, even though Sam and I came last year during eighth grade for advanced science and math.

And that was terrifying. But I can't imagine what it was like for them, like what the hell are these eighth graders doing in my geometry class, and most of them were juniors anyway. Talk about awkward..

Sam snorted as we turned the corner to walk down to the second floor of the building. "Danni, your not small."

"No need for the fat jokes. I haven't eaten a doughnut in a week." I saw Sam smile and roll her eyes at me. We turned another corner and took the stairs to the first floor.

There were a rush of people coming up the stairs and we were the only ones trying to go down them. Talk about a zoo.

Central High has six floors. It's unbelievable. My first class is freshman history on the fifth floor and then I have spanish three on the third floor and then orchestra on one and finally pre AP bio on six.

Talk about exercise, maybe I do deserve a doughnut.

"I'm so glad we have a new orchestra teacher," Sam said as she opened the door for me.

"Me too. I was so done with Ms. Tinsle." We walked into a huge room. We both stopped short.

"This is nothing like our old room," I mumbled, taking in the huge space. The floor was white with random blue tiles placed everywhere and the walls were an ugly gray. The sound boards on the walls weren't symetrical, oh that's not good for my OCD.

"You can say that again." Sam added.

"Move out of my way," a voice screeched. I jumped to the left and saw Sicily hop into the room. She walked toward the center of the room and took a seat.

"Glad to see she decided to stay," I said sarcastically to Sam. That's when Ashton walked in.

"Hey Ash." I slightly waved at another familiar face. She nodded and headed to sit down. We were in the same orchestra last year, but I wasn't close with Sicily or Ash.

"Should we sit?" I whispered to Sam. She nodded and we took a seat on the first two chairs of the first violin section.

My eighth grade year, I was second chair all year. I was stuck behind Calvin all year. I had first chair for a week. And then he won it back. I've gone to school with him since we were little kids. We've been friends for ten years.

So the first stand, is practically home for me.

A new guy walked into the room and me being myself ran over and pulled him into a hug, "Welcome to the family." He had blonde hair and glasses. He was very tall compared to my 5'6". I sensed he was uncomfortable and decided to let him go.

"Danni." I stuck my hand out.

"Bryce," He stated. He ignored to shake my hand and walked towards the chairs. I looked at Sam and she gave me a 'you deserve that' look.

"Wait, are there only five of us?" I asked. I know for a fact Calvin and Teddy hadn't quit.

"No, the others just happen to be in chior." I turned around and saw a tall man behind me. He continued, "Good morning, freshman. I am Mr. Lee-Thomas." He had this short blackish-grey hair and a cute little beardy mustache type thing.

I raised my hand.

"Yes?"

"What's your first name?" I asked.

He raised an eyebrow. "Brian." He continued to talk, "The other seven students will come down in half an hour. Untill then, we will just relax and wait for them."

I raised my hand again.

"Yes?"

"Can I call you Mr. BLT?" I asked. I saw Sam put her head in her hands.

"What?"

"You know. Bacon Lettuce Tomato." I stated.

"Danni, shut up," Sam hissed. I smiled.

He nodded slowly. "Right... I'll be in my office if your need me." He walked into his office off to the east side of the room.

"You can't just try to be normal?" Sam asked.

"I'm normal," I started. "Seventy-two percent of the time."

~~~~

I was waking back towards the classroom when I saw my bro. "Calvin!" I ran in and pulled him into a hug.

"Hey Danni!" He hugged back and let go. I recognized Minnie, who went to a different junior high but we had mutual friends. Charlotte, a cello player followed in behind her. Elijah and someone I didn't recognize were conversing.

I skipped over to my chair and sat down. "Where were you?" Sam asked.

"I told you I had to piss."

"Don't need to go bladdering about it now," Calvin added, trying to be funny.

"Shut up both of you." Calvin and I high-fived.

"Please take a seat for attendance," My BLT said walking back towards the center of the room.

"Sicily Adams." He started.

"Yo," She said as she plopped a cheeto into her mouth.

"You can't eat in here," he told her.

"What?" She exclaimed. They had about a ten second staring match when she then put the Cheetos bag back into her bag.

That sucks, I love eating.

He continued, "Tamicka Brown." He looked around. "None of you are Tamicka."

"I'm Tamicka." She wandered into the room. She hasn't changed much, though it looked like she'd gotten a new weave. Her hair might be longer than mine now. Mine just went past my boobs.

"You're late." He noted.

"Really bro? I just walk slow." She took a seat next to Sicily. I have never been a fan of hers, but she scares me to death.

"I am Mr. Lee-Thomas. Not bro." He told her. He cleared his throat. He continued calling off names.

Wait. Is that a stain on my shoe? Crap. I just got these yesterday. My dad will so be pissed, but then again, I have five pairs of nikes, maybe he won't notice.

My perfect pink and grey nikes already had a stain. I sighed. I licked my finger and started to rub the dirt stain.

Sam hit me. "What?" I asked.

"Are you Danielle Porter?" Mr. BLT asked.

"Absolutely."