six ━ la veille de la toussaint ⁽ ᵖᵃʳᵗ ² ⁾

𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧 𝐮𝐬 ?

 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧 𝐮𝐬 ?

TRIGGER WARNING
sexual assault!

The party did not disappoint. For hours, Tonnie danced with Richie and Jacqueline, downing cups of punch and screaming along with the music until she was so drunk and exhausted she could barely stand. The hem of her gown was soiled from being dragged along the hardwood floors, small tears appearing along the seam on her thigh. It had been trampled on a number of times and the damage done to the fabric would surely be noticeable. She hadn't realized this, too caught up in the fun to pay any mind to what her mother might say.

As the crowd began to dwindle, Tonnie looked to the clock hanging on the wall above the mantle. It was half concealed by decorative spider webs and the punch had her seeing double, making it impossible to distinguish the minute and hour hands. Sparing a quick glance at Richie and Jackie who grinded up against one another in the dining room a few steps to her left, she stumbled her way over to the impressive fireplace and leaned on the brick frame, craning her head to get a better look at the clock face and finally making out the time. 12:30.

Despite her inebriated state, Tonnie felt a twinge of anxiety. Her parents were set to be home by 1:00 and would surely notice her absence. For a moment, she wondered if her mother would check the closet and notice her missing gown, but she quickly dismissed the idea. Claire Beauchamp had not worn that dress in at least a decade and had likely forgotten it existed at all.

Tonnie was suddenly eager to be home, the thought of her parents discovering the bright orange party invitation crumpled in her wastebasket making her uneasy. Chris had been elected as their designated driver so she set off in hopes of finding him among the swaying bodies and smiling faces of the remaining partygoers. Despite being pulled into conversations by a number of her school friends, she eventually managed to escape the swarm and spotted their hostess headed in the direction of the wrap-around staircase that led upstairs.

"Hey, Tina!" The girl in question swiveled around to smile drunkenly in her direction.

"What's up, Ton?" She asked distractedly, glancing over her shoulder at Marty Robinson. He was leaning heavily on the bannister, waiting for Tina to accompany him to one of the empty bedrooms.

"Have you seen Chris? He's supposed to be driving me home, but I can't find him anywhere."

Tina squinted in thought as the boy behind her looked down at his watch. There was a pause before she snapped her fingers. "I remember! I saw him heading into the spare room with Janie Duncan a little while ago-it's just upstairs, last door on the right." She tapped her chin and cocked her head slightly, lips quirked into a frown as she mulled over the words she had just spoken. "I didn't really think she was his type. Y'know," Tina lowered her voice, "too shy."