6: Kids and Distractions

The class went by quickly as each student was eager to train for the festival, Willow was walking around the class looking at the work each student was putting into their plans to become stronger. Every now and then stopping and reading what they had written, she would point out a few things like, "maybe try that while jumping," or "make sure it's a short term goal the sports festival will be here sooner than you think." And of course, "MINETA! That has nothing to do with your training!" She was paying such close attention to the students she didn't realize All Might was watching her every chance he got.

The bell soon rang, Willow and All Might left the class heading back to the teachers lounge to collect materials for the next class. "You're a natural you know?" Willow looked up not understanding what he meant, "With the students, and they all really appreciate you." She blushed at the unexpected comment, "It's nothing special, I just want to make sure that they're focused and as prepared as possible." He nodded understanding he wanted to help all of his students as well. Just as they were heading to their next class he suddenly turned to her, "I have some urgent business that I just remembered I have to attend to. Please take care of the next lessons without me." Without letting her question him he turned and was out of sight before she could even let a breath out. "What the hell?" 

 Her eyebrow arced as she looked at the spot where the hero was just standing, 'Dammit, I haven't met this class yet and I was counting on him.' Biting the corner of her mouth she stood there almost letting her nerves get the better of her, but she shook her head. 'I'll be fine, he even said I was a natural,' taking a mental note to reprimand the number one hero later she entered the class of 1-B. And after an awkward introduction the class went smoothly they were a more playful bunch than class 1-A but Willow presumed it was because they hadn't experienced a real battle yet. The final bell rings, dropping the students work off she noticed All Might was no where too be seen. 'It must of been a big emergency if he's still not back yet.'

Taking out her phone getting ready to leave, Willow froze as she stared at her screen, 'New Message from Unknown.' "It can't be" she mumbled and hurried out of the office, she had a patrol today and she didn't want to be late. She bit her lip, too nervous to open the message in case it wasn't Yagi-San. Knowing the feeling wouldn't go away unless she looked at the message she got her phone out again and opened the message. Her heart skipped a beat as she read what it said, 'I'm not sure you remember me but my name is Toshinori Yagi. I'm very sorry for not contacting you sooner I had business to take care of and I couldn't find a chance message you.'

"All Might was right," she bounced in excitement then reread the message, "almost exactly right in fact..." She furrowed her brows together as she always did when she started intently thinking about something. 'Could they possibly know each other and All Might let Yagi-San know that not being able to repay him bothered her.' "Ahhhhhhh" she yelled while rubbing her head in frustration, 'if I knew that I wouldn't of told All Might.' Willow let her head drop and she let out a heavy sigh, 'I guess I should message him back before my patrol starts.' She began to type, 'It's no problem at all, I'm sorry this must be bothersome. However as a hero I feel it is only right to repay someone for saving me.' Shoving the phone in her pocket a bit too aggressively Willow started her patrol more distracted than she wanted to be. 

'Shit! How could I be so careless!' Willow held her left arm, the one she mainly used, it was broken in several spots, and while she could use her other hand it wasn't as accurate it could cause unwanted damage. Glancing behind her was a little boy no older than eight his eyes round and filled with terror. Bringing her attention back to the villain in front of her she blocked an attack refusing to move in case it hit the kid. The villain's quirk allowed him to manipulate metal, and he was wearing massive metal gauntlets. 'I need to get this kid out of here before he gets hurt!' "Give it up Pulse, you know you can't win this one." He said with a malicious grin, "give me the boy and I won't kill you."

Her blood boiled at that, she would do anything to protect someone. He went to attack her again knowing her left arm was broken he tried that side only to have her hold his fist in place with her broken hand. "Like that's going to stop me," He spat out at her, manipulating the metal to pierce through her hand causing even more damage to her left arm. She bit back the pain not letting him have the satisfaction of hearing her scream. "Checkmate," she glared at him bringing her right hand up against his stomach she released shock waves sending him back into a wall and knocking him out. Quickly tying him up and messaging the police she let out a sigh, she looked back at the crying kid, she kneeling down in front of him, his eyes brimming with tears stared at her. And she smiled wiping them away, "none of that, you're safe now." 

He jumped in her arms and gave her a tight hug crying even harder, biting back pain as he unintentionally held some sore spots. Willow could hear the sirens approaching, picking the boy up with her good arm she saw them round the corner, they took the villain into custody, but when they tried to take the boy he clung harder to Willow. "Now son, Pulse needs to go to the hospital and we need to find your parents." He snuggled deeper into my chest, "no." Willow almost laughed at how stubborn the boy was being, "It's alright officer, I'll take him to the hospital, from there you can find his parents." The officer nodded then relayed the message through a radio. "Hang on tight kiddo," Willow activated her quirk and headed to the closest hospital.

.

.

.

.

.