Thnks Fr th Mmrs

~Anna's POV~
I make my way down the sidewalk, walking fast because of the temperature and of course, him. I breathe out with an unnecessary amount of force just to see my breath. Yes, even in South Carolina Demember is colder than most people's hearts. I hear sudden footsteps behind me and whip around. Of course. I shiver.
"Anna hey!" Pete says casually. But we both know it's all play.
"Hi." I say quietly.
"You were really good tonight." He smiles hopefully. I sigh and look at the street sign right next to us. Memory Lane. Im almost home, too!
"Thanks. Writing songs has helped me remember things." I reply again, trying to keep my tone emotionless. That gets me to thinking about a certain promise I made... I think im finally ready to talk to Pete about our relationship.
"Can we talk?" I want to get straight to it.
"Of course.. Here?" He asks worriedly.
"Here's fine." I say, biting my lip. "Listen.. I dont think we should be together. When I got back the memories of you cheating on me I got super upset all over again. And usually if people cheat once they repeat themselves in the future... So im sorry Pete but I guess this is the end. Thanks for the memories.." I say, wanting to add 'even though they weren't so great' at the end.
"Please can we try to work it out?" Pete begs me. "I'll do anything." Those brown eyes that I had fallen so hard for we're filled with regret and fear.
"Im sorry.." I whisper.
"Im still in love with you." He says quickly, knowing he's running out of time. That one hurts.
"Please stop saying that.." I let a single tear slip out. Dammit.
"There's nothing I can do to make you forgive me?" He asks again, eyes pleading.
"No, Im sorry." I reply, looking into his eyes. He looks away but nods.
"Bye, Anna..." He whispers.
"Bye." I say, and slowly turn around and continue. But something isn't right...I feel different. And it's not a good kind of different.