Chapter Three

*continuing from previous chapter

We were dismissed to sixth period. I said bye to Lucy and went to my sixth period class, Art 2. I was way too early to class, as always, and the teacher still wasn't here. I took my seat in the middle of the class room and took out my phone. I heard the two minute bell ring and everyone started to rush in and take their seats. My last period is my favorite subject of all because you get to concentrate and pay attention to every detail that you paint.

When the warning bell ranged, the teacher still wasn't in the class room. Of course, that meant we could do whatever we pleased until he got here. I was about to take out my phone again when the door opened and Mr. Miller walked in the class. But someone else was with him, I couldn't see who since he was wearing a hoodie.

"Good afternoon class. Sorry that I'm late." He apologized to the class and took his seat next to his desk.

He was talking to the kid that walked in with him and pointed to the desk next to me. I looked at the teacher weirdly and the kid took his hoodie off and walked up in my direction. I looked at him closely and he looked very familiar. It was Matt the guy from the party and the one who had saved me this morning.

"Okay class today you are going to be drawing a portrait of yourself. I want you to draw how you see yourself. I want to see emotion, passion, and structure." Mr. Miller told the class.

Everyone got up from their seats and made their way to the tables and started drawing. I was too distracted thinking about why I have never noticed that Matt was in this class. Was I always this distracted to even notice? I usually never pay attention in class but I would have noticed him. I ignored my thoughts and started drawing my portrait. I felt confused and tired so that's how I drew myself. I was sitting in the middle of a room looking out the window thinking. I used dark colors and put a little bit of shade in the window.

"That's a nice drawing you got there." I heard someone say from besides me.

I turned around and it was Matt. I smiled and thanked him. I looked at his drawing and it had him and another boy sitting in a couch looking into each others eyes.

"You're suppose to draw a portrait of yourself, not someone else." I told him.

He looked back at his drawing and then back at me. He was staring at me and I felt my cheeks heating up.

"You're right but Mr. Miller also said he wanted emotion and passion. I feel passion it about this boy in my drawing, so I drew him and myself." He said and walked out of the class when the bell ranged, leaving me very confused.

Once my last class ended I went to my locker to leave my stuff. Lucy and I were supposed to hang out today but she seemed a bit off at lunch. I didn't want to assume the worst so I texted her to see if she still wanted to hang out. Closing my locker, my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Honey, I'm sorry. But I won't be able to pick you up from school today. I got held back at work. I'm sorry." My mom said, sounding worried.

"Hey don't worry. I'll ask Lucy for a ride, yea. It's okay."

"Oh thank god honey. I'll see you at home, ok. Love you."

"Love you too Mom."

Rolling my eyes, I went to Lucy's locker hoping to find her there. She was just about to close her locker when Elliot approached her. Worried I made my way closer to her but stopped on my tracks. Lucy jumped him and they were hugging like never before. I didn't know what to think or do.

Turning around I left the school campus and decided to talk home. I pulled my phone and headphones out. I looked through my playlist and pressed shuffle. My house was a mile from the school but it was better than what I had witness back at school.

An hour or so later.

I unlocked the front door and got inside. Taking my hoodie and shoes off, I called out my dads name but no answer. He was probably still at work. Putting my backpack next to the couch I went to the kitchen for a quick snack. I was drinking a glass of water when my phone started ringing.

Checking the caller ID, I pressed ignored. It was Lucy. I wasn't in the mood for her lame excuses. I didn't want to know why she had canceled on our plans. I didn't want to know why she was hugging Elliot. And I didn't want to deal with any of this anymore. I'm was tired of being used and lied to.

I went up to my room and turned on my radio all the way up. I took of my clothes and put on shorts and a tank top. Taking out my sketchbook I sat down on my desk chair and started drawing. Ignoring the world around me was easy when I was drawing. It made me feel safe and secure. I could always express myself through my drawings. And I loved it.

[A/N: I hope you like this chapter as much as I did. Oh btw the story is in Adam's point of view. Please vote & comment. Thank you and I love you.❤️]