SwaSan OS : " Sleeping Beauty "

" Shona ,wake up, Love " she heard the words just as she felt the flicker of kiss on her forehead ,yet she couldn't find it in her to open the wide hazel brown eyes of her and look at the person whose voice welcomed her every single day with the same greeting .

Shona , the name he chose to call her for the past 150 days without fail willing her to wake up and meet him . Her Prince ,the man who would slay dragons for her and who is still fighting for her every single day .

" It time for you to wake up don't you think, your Sanskar misses you so very much " he spoke up as she felt his hand over her hand .

But she couldn't ,every time she try to wake up and console him ,yet she hadn't been able to do so till now. 

" Is she still sleeping because the world got so tiring for her " another voice piped in to the conversation.

She had heard those voice but never could place them to a person unless it was her prince ,the man tried to wake her up with a kiss every day. 

Yes ,she heard  those voice always talking about her , they always wonder why she isn't waking up but it not like she was purposely trying to sleep longer .

But they never talked to her ,unlike her prince who always included in the conversation.

" Did you hear what your sister says Shona , is that why you are still sleeping . Do you still need some time out " he asked as always and she wanted to tell him ,No . She wants to meet him soon .

Her mind is hazy but she got no memory or couldn't remember the faces but his voice always called out to her and so she tried to wake up to see him

Yet it was like she was lost in wilderness unable to find her way back ,soon the voices drifted further and further as she drifted back to sleep again .

                     ***************

The next time she heard a different voice , a voice that was addressing her just like her prince , a voice which was filled with anguish as the person spoke up leaving her confused .

" Swara , I am sorry. Everything happened to you is because of my greed . When I got married to Adharsh ,I expected his family to respect me and my opinions but every time I was shut down stating I dont know any better until I grew to believe that how they are likely to treat their daughter in law .

Then you and your sister came into the house and I found myself at a loss ,they respected your decision and they forgave your sister mistakes with out a word . And I realized I was the only treated without respect and got scolded for small mistakes. 

Yet I didn't mean you to die , I just want you to fall from the lofty pedestal they kept you in ,so when you fell down the cliff I realized the error of my ways but it was too late .

I have seen Sanskar speaking to you everyday ,hoping you will wake up one day and I can't remain silent anymore.  I see the pain in him ,losing hope little by little every single day and i always knew you to be a fighter ,so fight for him once again  

I don't want your forgiveness ,I will tell everything to our family when you wake up but until then I will be here rooting for you to wake up " the voice finished speaking and left.

                   *******************

" Shona , Wake up . Love " she heard the familiar voice again as her mind caught   on to the fact he was here and she waited for the fleeting flicker of kiss but it didnt come that she worried  why the change after so long when it had been the constant in the wilderness she got herself locked inside .

" Shona , Uttara is here as well and she wanted to tell you something " his familiar voice answered her unasked question ,he didnt kiss her because he was with someone

Who was Uttara ,is new girlfriend . Did her prince got tired of waiting for her and found someone else ,her mind screamed in pain at the mere thought until the strange girl spoke up calming her heart with the first word that filled her mind with ease.

" Bhabhi, I am so sorry for everything . If only I hadn't fallen in love or assumed I was in love with the monster than you wouldn't be like this fighting for your life. 

Bhai tell me that I need to be strong and that you wouldn't want me to blame myself ,yet I can't forgive myself until you wake up and tell me that you have forgiven my foolishness, Please wake up soon bhabhi " the strange voice spoke and she wanted to assure her that she didn't blame her neither the other person who said sorry as well

But yet again she couldn't wake up and then there was stillness that she assumed they left and wondered why she hadn't drifted back to sleep until she felt the familiar fleeting kiss and her heart soared with hope that her prince was still waiting for her .

                       ************

" Shona ,wake up . Love " she heard the familiar voice again ,it must be a bright morning because she felt ray of sunshine on her face as his lips grazed her forehead .

She was too tired to try and open her eyes today , day after day she was losing the will to try and tonight his hand held hers as he continued to speak to her about a memory of theirs together in love  

Today he was talking to her about their wedding day , and how she fought escaped prison to come and marry him ,she was lost in the tale where he found her brave and courageous and it warmed her heart until he whispered the last sentence that caused her immense pain.

" Happy Anniversary dear Shona , you fought so much for us to get married . So do fight to come back to me ,your Sanskar is waiting for you ,never give up because I will never stop waiting for you to wake up either " he spoke up and she felt the hands he held getting wet as she realized he must be crying ,her heart broke all over again for her prince .

So she tried again for him , for the man who visited her every single day , for the man who promised to continue to wait for her forever and the man she was in love with and when her eyes flickered open , she tried to see him but he was gone that her heart began to beat faster that she would miss the chance of seeing him .

So she called out ,with a voice that was so alien to her and hoarse that she didn't know if anyone can hear it  "Sanskar " just one word and he was by her side as her eyes finally found her prince .

He looked disheveled ,his beard was unkept and his eyes were filled with dark circles at the lack of sleep yet she would claim to everyone who heard in the future that he looked so handsome that day ,  because his face was filled with love for her as his hands held a bouquet of flowers which he has brought for her. 

He didn't say a word as he continued to loom at her for a minute then his face broke into a smile that filled her heart with love for the man before her , waves of memories crashed into her along with his words every single day asking her wake up .

She would have been lost to the wilderness if not for the man before her who continued to fight for her every single day.

" I Love You " she spoke up because she couldn't hold back those words even if her throat was dry and her voice was hoarse because nothing could keep her from telling those words to the man every single day for the rest of their life's .

P.S :" The End , Let me know your thoughts and Feedbacks. Hit the votes if you liked it "

Juanita Reid