Chapter 14: The tests'

~Tails' Workshop~

Tails was working on some test, when the other boys came in.

"Hey Tails!" Silver exclaimed. Tails got startled and jumped up, before turning around.

"Oh, Hey. It's just you guys. You scared me. " he said before turning back to the computer he was working in.

"What are you working on there?" Knuckles said walking up to the screen. He stared at it, and of course, didn't know what he was looking at.

"Ok, well. You know that hair sample I took? Well, I was doing more test on it, and it turns out, the hair goes through some kind of  metamorphic phase each night!" He said.

They all just stared at him, slight confusion crossing their faces.

"Can you explain that again...in English?" Shadow stated.

"Ah! Sorry. What I mean is, it goes through a type of transformation. It can be very severe, and generally mild."

"Ohhhhh so like, depending what the night is, it'll change?" Knuckles questioned.

"Yeah! Tonight, it seemed really aggressive, it's a deep deep blue, and the white is much more vibrant." Tails said picking up the tube the sample was in. "See?"

"Huh. That's...weird. Do you know why?" Silver asked.

"Well....no. But, I do know this: Therr is some kind of DNA that was added to the beast, and that it what triggers the transformations." He explained.

"Well do you km now what DNA?" Shadow asked.

"Not yet. That test is still running, but it should be done by morning," Tails said happily.

"Ok. But, if you find out this DNA, can we find a weakness? We cause use it to kill the thing," Knuckles said observing the samples more closely.

"More than likely! It's a definite possibility." Tails said.

"'Possibility?'" Shadow asked.

"Well yeah...that's the thing. I still have t ok wait for this test to finish. I need to see if it's even a type of animal!" Tails said with a trace of worry.

"Well, whatever the outcome, I'm sure we'll find some kind of weakness. I mean, everyone has a weakness," Silver optimistically said.

"Yeah, I guess. But we need to address the elephant in the room," Knucklee said turning back t ok the group.

"And what would that be?" Shadow asked.

"Why did Amy get mad at us? We were protecting her, and she just snapped at us!" Knuckles said.

"Well...you are right. It's like she didn't even know that that was a huge beast!" Silver uttered.

"Hmmmm...you guys are right. But, the beast didn't try to snap and attack at her like it did us. It just instantly calmed down as soon as Amy came in." Shadow said as he remembered what had gone down at Sonic's house.

"That's another thing I wanted to talk about. See, I had noticed that. It didn't even flinch in her direction. It was like it took a chill pill. The thing is, something caused him to calm down." Tails said, muttering a bit.

"Well what calmed him down?" Knuckles questioned.

Tails turned t ok the computer pulling up a screen that had two types of  DNA on it.

"Look. There is more than one type of DNA in it. But I still don't know what they are, so we're gonna have to wait a while." Tails said.

"Until then, we're just gonna have t on wait?" Silver said a but impatiently.

"Yup. Sorry guys." Tails said a bit sad.

"No worries little bud. We can wait a while." Knuckles said patting Tails' head.

But they were in for a wild ride when those test were finished. A really wild ride.