The Confusion

Hermione granger lay perfectly still, perfectly quiet, the way she had been for the last 3 months. But something was about to change. First it was a simple twitch of her toes, then a small stretch of her wrists, then finally her eyes fluttered open.

She opened her eyes and glanced around, she knew where she was, St. Mungos wizarding hospital. She heard the sound of heels clicking down the hall outside her room, stopping every few feet. Checking on patients hermione assumed. The heels neared until they were right in front of her partially ajar door. She looked up as the young woman looked in, her eyes widened, and she quickly, walked back down the path in which she came. Hermione relaxed back onto the hard hospital bed. A few seconds later she heard more footsteps, advancing on her at a rapid pace. She looked to the door and saw a crowd of healers, nurses, and aurors. Healers pushed through to her and began questioning.

"Do you know who you are?"

She looked puzzled before replying. "Of course, I'm Hermione Granger."

They let out a sigh of relief and continued. "Do you know where you are?"

"St. Mungos."

Once again they sighed. "Do you know how you got here?"

She stopped and thought, as if the healers had finally stumped her. "I-I-I can't remember." She managed to stutter out.

They whispered to each other then turned back to hermione. "All right, we'll let you rest, just ring the bell beside you if you need anything." They left hermione alone on the bed and in a matter of minutes she was asleep.

She woke up to three figure standing anxiously around her. Ginny Weasley, Ronald Weasley, and Harry Potter.

"Mione!" They squealed in excitement, which was quite the sight considering two of the three were 19 year old, full grown men.

"I'm sorry.... But who are you?" She asked, puzzled. The trio went silent as their faces clouded over with worry.

Suddenly the familiar sound of heels clicking, identical to the ones last night, passed by the doorway. "Nurse!" Shouted the shorter red haired girl. The nurse rushed into the room, her eyes went large and she exclaimed; "Merlin's beard! You're the golden trio! And you too Ginny! You guys are my idols!" The young nurse said giddily.

The group, already being used to the fame, simply shrugged her before continuing.

"Did anything happen to her memory?" Harry asked, cutting to the chase.

"N-n-n-no, I don't think so, why do you ask?" The nurse replied, stuttering.

"Well she doesn't remember us, and were her best friends!" The red haired boy finally spoke up, raising his voice.