Author's Note

Hello... Hi! Welcome!

Thank you so much for stumbling into #SMASOL. Whatever the reason is, I hope that it's one that makes you stay. I promise you... a blast! 

 But not so much. Because yes, there will be love, but so will there be tears and regrets and tears...did I mention tears? .·´¯'(>▂<)´¯'·. 

I began this book somewhere around the last quarter of 2018. Then, I had been dealing with a bit of writer's block and had been seeking inspiration in random things. I wanted to write something short. Something fun. Something I could complete and be able to call my finished work. I wanted something to my name as I had a long history of been unable to complete my novels due to too much ideas that unfortunately led to a string of too many WIPs.

#SMASOL was structured to be a multimedia freeverse. Because of that, the poetry unfolded through a sequence of chronological imagines.

It had been an idea I was exploring as it wasn't so common here on Wattpad to blend freeverse with multimedia.

Unfortunately, when the book was put out there for critiques, it had received something akin to bittersweet. Because yes, some reviewers enjoyed the multimedia format, but many more believed it to be confusing and disruptive to the very idea of poetry as the multimedia took the fun out of deducing and inferring the meaning behind each piece of poem.

For the longest time, I had to shelve this book. I was so conflicted! Because if I changed the format, the idea of multimedia poetry would be wiped away and my poem would be just like any other free verses out there, so I thought.

But a year or so proved that that was all in my head. 

That brings me to now. The revised, revamped version of SMASOL. Just to maintain the idea of a multimedia poetry, you will find each chapter to comprise basically one image. The actual poem is written in words. 

So... I want to say a big thank you to everyone who made this revamped version possible. Thanks to you I saw the light, and am enjoying how SMASOL is looking in that light.

Thank you!

To everyone reading, don't be a silent reader. Join the conversation. Share your opinions with me. I love to hear other people's interpretation of the pieces. It fun knowing how close readers come to the intended meaning behind each piece. Sometimes readers' interpretation is even much better than the idea I had when writing. I recognise that all that is what makes poetry so beautiful.

Fun fact: One of the pieces was actually a prayer that I had to write as a love story haha. And it's reception was mind-blowing. 

I hope you find this adventure worth while.

Happy reading,

Glorious ♡✨