Chapter 2

——Harry——

A few hours ago, Ginny had excused herself to go think, according to her. I was honestly starting to get worried when she walked back into the compartment and gave me a weak smile. I immediately knew that something was wrong. She came to sit next to me and I turned to face her, my concerned look asking a million questions: Where did you go? Are you all right? Did something happen?

Soon, Ron and Hermione stopped their conversation to talk to us. I'd honestly be lying if I said I'd been listening.

Under the pressure of four inquisitive pairs of eyes, she told us about meeting the new teachers.

——Ginny——

I recounted the whole meeting, apart from the topic of conversation, of course. How when I had gone into their compartment, it had simply been because it was one of the only ones with seats available, let alone quiet. I described Prof. Chase's shimmering blond hair, slightly marred by a lock of silvery gray hair (A/N: going through Tartarus brought it back). Her eyes were the most mesmerizing kind of gray, going from dazzlingly bright when she spoke about her companion, to stormy and cloudy when we talked about war. I was almost sure that they were more than colleagues, too. All of a sudden, I realized that I hadn't even bothered to learn the male professor's name.

I had gotten a good look at him, though. It had seemed to me that he could've been Harry's fitter, stronger twin, though I hadn't seen his eyes, so they could be entirely different. He and my boyfriend shared almost exactly the same untameable black hair that always looked messily brushed out of his face.

I remembered how nice Prof. Chase had been, comforting me and sympathizing with me, even though I was a total stranger. She'd seemed to really understand what I'd been talking about. Maybe they had their own war in America.

That was another thing, why would McGonagall hire teachers all the way from the States? Did they have some special talents or education? What class would they be teaching and would they be doing it together? I could only assume so, seeing as the only class without a teacher that I could think of was Defence Against the Dark Arts.

— - — - —

When the train finally stopped at the Hogsmeade station, we all got off and started heading towards the carriages as always. This time, however, something caught my attention. It was the new teachers, talking to Hagrid. Then, they went to the boats with the first years. Would they be going in a boat? That somehow seemed unlikely to me. Maybe they were just chatting with Hagrid about classes and such.

— - — - —

The sorting went on as usual, starting with:

Armstrong, Sheila - GRYFFINDOR,

and ending with:

Xeni, May - RAVENCLAW.

Many of the students, both those being sorted and those already at their table, had grim expressions on their faces. I knew that a lot of them had lost family and friends in the battle of Hogwarts. I could only imagine how heartbreaking it must be to start your first year at Hogwarts without the support you'd expected from your older sibling, all because they died in battle.

This train of thought led me towards thoughts of Fred, of how unbelievable a brother he'd been and about how I hadn't even noticed until he was gone. I'd always taken him for granted and I regretted that now.

Then the feast began.

— - — - —

A/N: It's pretty short, sorry, but I'm going to start a MMD and one shot book that will be posted tomorrow. Comment feedback, please!