We're All Starving in This Funhouse (Chiaki x Hajime)

Hajime weakly stumbled on the walls of Strawberry House. This was part of the crazy funhouse the rest of his fellow students were trapped in. They..or at least he was the only one too paranoid when they were standing at the start of the train into the funhouse. And his paranoia was accurate. They ended up gassed and trapped without food in a weird, eye-burning house. The colors burned even more now that it was three days into their captivity.

Or at least, their captivity in the funhouse. His mind couldn't find how long it had been since they were mysteriously transported to Jabberwock Island.

If it even was Jabberwock Island. It was still a small thought but the thought that Jabberwock might not be the real one remained in his head.

Even while he was almost starving to death. His questions seemed to stay.

Hajime got to the wall closest to the Final Dead Room. His breath was labored even more from the journey over there.

Was this what starving felt like?

But he kept on. Reaching the door, his hand hovered above the knob. Shaking. He was shaking. At least his hands were. But he had to do it, that's where the exit would be. That's how they would get out and be safe. Or at least not starving.

"I can get out! With this, I can finally..get out!" He mumbled out breathlessly, his lips hardly moving as he was speaking. His breathing was becoming heavier; he had to get to the door.

"...You can't do that." A familiar voice said smoothly and suddenly from the side. Hajime immediately flipped around, his back smacking on the wall as he fell back. Chiaki was staring at him, having concern being the only clear emotion in her expression. She tightly held the bottom of her backpack straps. "You shouldn't go in there. You..won't find what you're looking for." She didn't sound tired or even fazed by their situation at all. She sounded like her normal, calm Chiaki. Hajime assumed his expression became something close to a protest. He heaved. "The-that's not true, Chiaki! The exit is going to be here!" He paused for another breath. "It's got to be."

"...There is no exit." Chiaki didn't pause after his words. She immediately replied. "All that's there...is the Life-Threatening Game." Chiaki came closer to Hajime, looking and focusing on the door, before her eyes tilted towards him. "Even if you clear it, you'll only obtain the weapon that Monokuma prepared..." When she paused for what had seemed a while, her gaze back to the door and observing the red and while creepy door. She backed up once again. Her eyes now showed terrible concern. "Do you want that weapon? What are you planning to do once you obtain it?"

Hajime didn't say anything. He would never kill someone. But with the starving feeling his thoughts were more than dazed. What would he do with a weapon?

Chiaki suddenly spoke up. Blankly. "...Do you need it?" It was almost as if she knew what he was thinking. Or similar to that. His hope was that she wasn't scared of him.

Again he didn't say anything. His throat was dry without words.

With his silence he heart Chiaki start to explain something. "You had this intense, worried look on your face while you were walking, so I followed you..." 'Is she concerned for what i do? Why does she care?'

Chiaki tilted her head. "It looks like I made the right choice." Her hand touched her heart. Holding it. "Come on, let's go back, Hajime..." She came close, helping her arm pull his arm over her shoulder. "Okay..? We'll go to the lounge."

Hajime held his arm tightly over Chiakis shoulder. Letting her drag him down to the lounge in grape house. The entire time he hardly knew what she was saying or if she was even saying anything. He could feel his own heart pound at her care for him.