✎ epilogue : summer

Summer had always been Alana's favorite time of year.

But this one was undeniably different from ones of her past. The last day of school came and went, reminding Alana just how fast time went by, just how much time could be wasted if one didn't know what to do with it.

This summer would come to be Alana's favorite overall.

Callum's team had made it to the tournaments, and had invited Alana to go along with them to Miami as their "manager." As long as she could wash their clothes and fill their water bottles, she'd be spending an entire summer with Callum and his friends, doing what she loved.

They'd even recruited Amanda (who had a secret graphic designing talent) to produce flyers for their team, and Alana had insisted that she come along to Miami as well. 

So, yeah, Alana's first year of high school and even the summer ahead of her had been nothing of what she'd expected, nothing of what she'd planned. But she'd come to realize that was a good thing. This year had changed her life for the absolute better -- it would take a seriously stupid person not to see how much happier she was.

And Alana found that as things and people changed around her, she evolved with them.

Change still scared her yes, it always would. But now she could embrace it. She could face it head-on with a sort of giddiness that excited her.

Alana was no longer stuck to a schedule, she no longer lived by the book -- a book that was written for her in stone. No, she'd taken the pen ( or more appropriately, keyboard ) and wrote her own story. She had learned to live in the now.

And the funny thing?

The only element that hadn't changed was that nagging headache that seemed to follow her everywhere.

Callum.

Her pen pal.