Marauder's Map |Answers|

Hi guys! Remember, these answers do not have to be the same wording, but it has to be right!

1. Slytherin: the dungeons, needs a password. Gryffindor: entrance located by the portrait of the Fat Lady (Gryffindor Tower also acceptable), requires a password to enter. Hufflepuff: located in the basement near the kitchens, tap a specific barrel in the rhythm of 'Helga Hufflepuff'. Ravenclaw: located up the top of a tower in the west side of the castle and the entrance is a door with a bronze eagle knocker, must answer a riddle correctly to enter.

2. What kind of statue guards the entrance to the Headmaster's office? Although it looks like an eagle at the top, if you look at the bottom, you will see that it has the legs of a lion. Therefore, the statue is a griffin.

3. How many secret passageways are there in Hogwarts? Seven are known.

4. What is the order of the house tables in the Great Hall from right to left? Slytherin, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Gryffindor.

5. Which is closer to the Forbidden Forest: the Greenhouses or Hagrid's Hut? Hagrid's Hut.

6. Which room has an entrance opposite a tapestry depicting the attempt of Barnabas the Barmy to teach trolls ballet? The Room of Requirement

7. What is the significance of the statue of Gunhilda of Gorsemoor? She is the one-eyed witch statue whose hump opens up as a passage to Honeyduke's.

8. List any of the comments that one of the Marauders gave Snape when he took hold of the map in POA. (One bonus point will be awarded if you can list all of them.)

Remus: Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business. 

James: Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr Moony and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.

Sirius: Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a Professor.

Peter: Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slime-ball."

9. What floor is the Room of Requirement on? The seventh floor.

10. Finally, what phrases are used to open and close the Marauder's Map? Open: I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good. Close: Mischief managed.