Losing

Jean and I were both put in a small tent away from everyone else while we recovered. News had not gotten out to the public about what happened during our mission. Jean told us he could barely remember anything and I didn't tell him I accidentally broke his finger.

After Jean and I were taken off from the building, I started to feel dizzy and went unconscious. Hange told me I started to mumble words she didn't understand but it had sounded like I was trying to connect with someone. Levi said that I puked while being unconscious and Hange took a small sample, for some reason.

"The first time I saw Eren in titan form, I couldn't believe it," Jean said sitting on his side of the bed. "Now we have another unbelievable person but you didn't change."

"Have you ever done that before, Aurora?" Hange asked.

"Never." I replied, "I don't know how this happened."

"Commander Hange, is Aurora in any danger of getting in trouble?" Jean's face looked worried. "I mean, she saved my life."

"Not exactly," Hange answered looking puzzled. "I am still unsure of what this power could be but Aurora has been our secret for a while."

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"I shouldn't say secret," Hange said. "You're more like a hidden identity."

"That still doesn't make sense." Jean shook his head.

"None of us know Aurora," Hange explained. "I have a theory that some of Auroras' memories have been wiped and we can find more information in her old house."

"That place is titan central, we could never get in." Jean retorted. "We would be crazy to try and go there now."

"With what Aurora did to you, it might not be so crazy," Hange said.

Hange noted that the small sample of my vomit had evaporated when it was exposed to air. She said the vomit was mixed with what seemed like bits of dark blood clots. She compared it to how titan blood or titan bodies dissolved. Hange questioned me for hours until Luther came in and dragged Hange away.

><

"No way." Connie's jaw dropped.

"That's so cool!" Ember squealed. "Aurora, that's amazing!"

"I'm glad you think so." I gave her a tired smile.

I walked into one of the main quarters with Jean blabbering about the mission. One of his legs was on the top of a table while the other was kneeling on the seat. Connie, Ember, and Armin sat around listening to his extravagant story which sounded like a lot of bragging.

"I-I should've shared this before," Armin said. "I read a book a long time ago that told a story of some clan members who could heal people."

"But that's a fantasy book?" Connie raised an eyebrow, "Unless, it has something to do with Aurora."

"It was a certain group of people," Armin told Connie. "I don't want to sound mean but, Aurora is in a certain group."

"Armin, did that story say anything else?" I asked.

"The healing power was passed down by the oldest person of that generation and that if the healing power was used on someone else outside of the clan, the healer would get ill to the point where they could die if they didn't regenerate," Armin explained.

"Well, why didn't you say anything sooner?" Jean furrowed his brow at Armin. "That would've saved Hange from talking Aurora's ear off."

"I didn't find out until now!" Armin exclaimed. "Your story just reminded me of the book!"