Planning hope

The days had been peaceful in Edenia, the people thrived as one as their princess Kitana regained her throne and become protector of the realms with her best friend Jade and her half sister Mileena.
Together they became a trio of assassins that brought honour and freedom to those who needed it.
Kitana couldn't ask for anything more but there was something that she wished daily.

She wished for Mileena to be a little closer to her as her sister.

No matter what Kitana had done, offered or give to Mileena she never once left her haven which where it always has been, in her room or the training grounds.
She never went out on public walks with Kitana, never dines with her or just simply talked to Kitana.
Mileena would always avoid Kitana like she was the plague and it upset her deeply.
But today was no expection, today Kitana will make sure Mileena will definitely spend one day with her as her sister.

Kitana was in her study that was built with white marble and golden frame. After a long misson she tried to come up with a good plan to spend a relaxing day with her companions.
They may be royal assassins but still the young women need a break now and then.
Specially Mileena, she noticed her sister was very slow on missions these days and seemed out of character as well.

Mileena looked pale, her eyes lost their firey glow and her voice seemed more tamed than it's wild obnoxious tone.
Worst of all was Mileena wasn't sleeping at night. She would sneak off to the training grounds and train until the sun came up and the training grounds were utterly destroyed.
Everything torn or broken to a thousand pieces and Mileena's hands would be bloody and sometimes broken.

What was wrong with her? Was she sick?
Why won't she ever open up to her? Was she a bad sister or mentor?
That was all kitana could think of every day.

"Oh Mileena, why won't you ever talk to me?"
Kitana said with a broken voice and started writing her plans.
She thought about it for a good long while and thought more into it until she had an idea.

The Edenien hot springs!
It was perfect for all three of them and best way to heal their sore muscles.
Kitana beamed with delight and hurried over to the palace throne to find Jade and Mileena.
Of course there was Jade speaking to the advisors and young guards but again...no Mileena.
Kitana sighed in annoyance and approached her best friend and advisor.

"Morning Jade."

"Morning Kitana! How are you feeling to day? You took a terrible beating from that Shokan the other day."
Jade chuckled as she remembered Kitana being dangled from the Shokan's top hands by her legs and started swining her around like a rag doll.
"If it wasn't for Mileena stopping him than you would-...Kitana? What's wrong?"

Kitana looked down while fiddling with her robe sleeve and sighed.
"It's Mileena, she's constantly avoiding me. She's been living in Edenia for 5 years and we rarely made a connection."
She looks up at Jade with a hint of jealousy.
"She talks to you but hardly ever to me."

Jade understood where Kitana was coming from. Yes, her and Mileena did have a bad start but Kitana was willing to open up to Mileena to have a new beginning.
Mileena did act like a navie child but staying Edenia had changed her but Jade noticed the change was more submissive than happy.
"Kitana, she dose talk to me but not too me."

Kitana tilted her head in confusion as Jade continued.
"Mileena dosen't open up to me either, she would avoid my questions and she just summon up a happy tone and say what I want to hear."
Jade sighed in defeat, she tried to get a connection to Mileena as well but even she couldn't get through the hybrid princess.

"Maybe all we need is a nice relaxing day at the hot springs. We could all go with a luxurious picnic and just intake the view."
Kitana beamed at the idea and looked at Jade for support but Jade didn't seem too happy about the plan.
"Come on Jade! We hadn't been to the hot springs since we were little or when Shao Khan took over. I think it would be great!"

"Kitana, the hot springs is in a public place."

"But what has that got to do with our day out?"

Jade took a deep breath and decided to be honest, she tried to explain the situation to Kitana so many times but it was to no avail, still she had to keep trying.
"Kitana? Mileena dosen't do well at public places like spars, markets or public walks. She gets very nervouse and will immediately get spooked."
Jade saw the annoyance in Kitana's eyes and also knew Kitana was loosing her patience with Mileena's unusual ways.
"Please, Kitana what your doing is sweet for her but your not thinking on what she wants or needs. Maybe if you just-"

"I tried speaking to her Jade but she hardly replies and when I ever offer a hobby she never dose it unless it's a mission. I tried to be patient with her but I think it's time she needs to step out of her comfort zone."
Jade once again pulled a face but Kitana shook her head with a confident smile.
"We are half sisters Jade and if she's anything like me than she will enjoy our day at the hot springs. I'll bring her here to the throne room at noon, be ready for a relaxing day, best friend."

"B-but Kitana, Mileen is-"
It was too late, her best friend waved as she left the throne room with a high hopes of a great day while Jade just stood in the middle of the throne motionless.
She looked down to the ground in defeat and sighed heavily knowing full well what is to come of the day.

"Oh Kitana, when will you understand that Mileena-"
She looked up to the window where the training grounds appear at full view and in the middle was the hybrid princess training away.

"Is nothing like you..."