The Night is Still Young

The Tiwari family was going to Lucknow for a wedding. But, Suman couldn't go along since she had a competition coming up soon. Colonel Tiwari asked Devraj and Kavita if Suman could stay with them for a couple of days as he trusted them the most to take care of his princess. Devraj and Kavita happily told him that she could stay and assured him that they would take good care of her. Devraj sent Shravan to help the Tiwaris load their luggage and to bring Suman to their home. Shravan and Suman exchanged smiles as they were excited to spend time together. They waved the family goodbye and headed towards Shravan's house. Shravan took her suitcase and held her hand. He pulled her close and placed a soft kiss on her head. They had been dating for three months now but only Kanchan, Avni, and Bunty knew.

Shravan knocked at the door and Anvi appeared with a big smile and giggled, "Welcome home, Bhaiyya and Bhabhi! Should I get the pooja thali and the kalash with rice for the Graha Pravesh?" Avni was having fun teasing them as they both looked down and blushed.

"You're not funny, Avni. Leave us alone", Shravan rolled his eyes. But, deep inside both Shravan and Suman were imagining the day they would get married and she would come to their home as his bride.

Shravan saw his mom coming and let go of Suman's hand as they hadn't told the parents about their relationship yet. "Suman Puttar, you're here! Shravan, take her stuff to the guest room", Kavita hugged Suman as she absolutely adored this kind and caring girl. Ever since she became friends with her mischievous son, she started to see positive changes in him.

Shravan set down Suman's stuff in the guest room. Earlier, he got invited to a party hosted by his friends from his old school. He wanted to introduce Suman to his friends and bring her into his civilian world. But, he was not sure if she would come. But, he decided to ask, "So...I got invited to a party tonight."

"Oh...", Suman was disappointed. She thought that they would spend time together alone as they were always surrounded by family and friends. But, it looked like Shravan had different plans and was going to leave her to go to a party. She always felt insecure that she was too boring for him and his adventurous lifestyle.

Shravan was confused by her reaction so he clarified his intention, "I want you to come with me and meet my friends." Suman was nervous as she had never been to a civilian party before. Their parties didn't have a good reputation. She paused and thought that if Shravan could adjust himself to the army lifestyle, she could definitely give a try to civilian life for him.

"Okay, I will come with you. What time is the party at and where is it?"

Shravan broke out into a bright smile as he didn't think she would agree. "In a nightclub at midnight."

"Midnight? Wouldn't we be asleep by then?" Suman was confused. Who starts a party that late?

"That's how our parties are. When your party ends, our party starts." Shravan winked.

"Did you get permission from Aunty and Uncle?"

"What? No! I can't tell them that we're going to a party!" Shravan's eyes widened as he imagined his Dad's tight slap if he dared to tell them.

"That's wrong, Shravan. You shouldn't lie like that. Besides, they will find out if we try to leave the house." Suman didn't always understand Shravan's ways and this usually led to arguments. But, Shravan being his charming self always knew how to ease her anger and win her heart.

"You have no idea how many times I've snuck out late at night and my parents never found out", Shravan smirked. Her eyes widened in shock and he chuckled at her innocence that made him fall for her. "Look, if you're not comfortable, we won't go."