{6}

MIA

Tori and I nervously stared at the building in front of us. Students stood beside their cars and talked to friends while others entered the school.

We drove here using my old car that the agency decided to keep for missions. It was a black and white Jeep. I got it when I was sixteen but didn't use it as much as I wished.

At fourteen, I was taught how to drive a motorcycle and was so used to it that driving a car felt weird.

I drove it for two years before buying my Mercedes, but I still truly loved this car. It reminded me of when I first started going on missions and when the girls and I would use it for late-night drives around the city.

At first, I thought they would assign us a fucked up car for this mission. Instead, they said using my old Jeep was best because people would start wondering how we managed to afford this school while driving a rundown car.

"Are you ready?" Tori asked as she pushed her fake glasses back up her nose. I shook my head and put my plain black backpack on. "I'll never be ready for this, but I don't have a choice."

We made our way through the school entrance, and I could feel almost everyone's eyes on us. I don't even blame them. We look like trolls that just crawled out of a cave.

We found our way to the office and stood in front of the office lady who pushed up her small round glasses to take a look at us.

She grimaced but quickly fixed her facial expression. "Names?"

"Bella Olsen." I said as I handed her the acceptance letter that Mr. Black had given Tori and I.

She read over the letter before returning to the computer and then to Tori. "And you?"

"Bailey Olsen." Tori said as she handed her own letter.

After reading both letters, she printed out our schedules and handed them to us.

She also wrote down our locker numbers and code but gave us a strange look as she passed them over. "Why did you suddenly transfer here halfway through the school year? Your senior year on top of that."

"Our fathers moved their business here. We didn't really have a choice." Tori stated without a drop of hesitation.

"Oh. Okay, well, you can go now." She waved us off with her hand before going back to typing something on her computer.

We ignored her rudeness and searched for our lockers, which were planned to be next to each other.

"Look at what those girls are wearing." Tori instructed.

I looked up at the girls in the hallway and noticed that their skirts were mid-thigh, making our knee-length ones seem longer than it really was. Also, unlike our baggy buttoned dress shirts, theirs fit them perfectly.

"We probably look like nuns to them." I laughed and looked at a group of guys throwing around a football.

Guys had to wear the same buttoned dress shirts and red ties, but the only difference between the male and female uniforms was obviously the skirts. The guys wore black dress pants.

A group of laughing students captured my attention, and I suddenly felt saddened.

Everyone was mingling amongst each other like they were in their own little world, talking, smiling, laughing. Some guys were even play-fighting.

This place was full of life, and I couldn't help but feel jealous. Even though we were either the same age or around the same age, our lives couldn't be any more different.