| Chapter 24 | Broken News

"Say, Rina, how are they treating you?" Raoul interrupts her relaxing humming.

"Very well, actually. His imperial highness his a nice man, and we look alike too." She smiles." That's right.. I wonder why you two almost look exactly the same.. though he has darker hair and his eyes are more bluish-green.." Raoul contemplates.

About fifteen minutes passed and they arrived at the bustling and cold city in a humble carriage. They get off from the large street as they weave between the buildings.

They weave through the shops and such as they look for a particular restaurant they both like. The people gladly make way for the two of them as they passed through respectfully.

Just as they neared at what seems to be a candidate for their lunch, a young voice calls from the crowd.

"Miss knight! Miss knight!" The little boy calls out as he looks up at the silver haired female in awe." Be respectful!" Their mother hastily but quietly scolds them." But Mama! It's Miss knight!" He whines.

Rina looks down at him with a crooked smile as a sign of acknowledgement.

"Mama! She looked at me Mama!"

"I get it, I get it. Now please calm down.. please forgive my son miss.." she smiles uncomfortably.

"It's alright." She smiles at them joyfully, holding back her uninvited hunger.

Rina's stomach growls just as she passed the mother and her son. 'Ah.. I need to eat...'

"I recall you particularly like sweets? How about that?" Raoul points to a bakery and cafe, and from the window, they could see cakes and treats lined up in small trays.

"Yes, Brother! Great choice!" She cheers, pulling the tall man as they weave through the crowd. They enter as the aroma quickly fills the girl's senses.

They take their order and take a seat near the windows.

The bakery cafe is somewhat busy and the mood brings her back to the familiar setting of trying to finish a project she procrastinated on since she never looked at the deadline.

"How is Mother and Father?" Rina brings up while taking a bite of a pastry.

"To be honest, I don't know. I haven't been contacting them since we're busy." Raoul replies as he takes a sit of his tea." You know when we are, right Sister?" Raoul raises a brow at her. In response, she nods sadly. How could she not.

"I see, they really are pushing the best knights to their limits. I won't hold you back since you're so stubborn but be careful." He tells her gently but with a stern tone.

"Yes, Brother. You too." She replies.

The Vanderwood siblings eat their treats and drink their teas happily for lunch. Though, something sweet like desserts shouldn't be able to fill you up if you're eating lunch.

However, the two are filthy rich, so what's stopping them?

Anarina POV

Heh, I'm way to full!

The desserts are super delicious in this world. They mastered the art of using the rare ingredient: sugar! Even though we spent a hefty amount of money there, we definitely didn't let it go to waste!

"Brother, where would you like to go?" I ask him. He seems to ponder in thought before an imaginary lightbulb shines above his head.

"Follow me!"

He takes us to the work district much to my disappointment. But that changed when we walk right up to a blacksmith.

"Ah, new faces? I haven't seen you two before, interested in my works?" The gruff man grins as he gestures towards his lovely works of art that are inside the building.