/Chapter 13/

Chapter Thirteen

Chaeyoung PoV

I can't believe that she's here right now. Like really? I miss her so much. I never heard a piece of news about them after 2 years. The last thing I heard is her relationship with Lisa.

What do you expect? Of course, I'm shocked! I don't know what to do. The girl who I spent time with during my childhood days, my best friend and the girl I love.... she's in front of me now.

"Yah! Why are You crying?!" I heard she said as she broke the hug between us.

I just looked at her and I don't know what to say. Tears keep on flowing like a river and seems like I can't stop it.

She wiped my tears with her soft and addictive hands as she giggled.

I can't stand it anymore; I hug her again tightly with my eyes close.

"You miss me too huh?" She said.

As I calmed myself, I released in our hug and I notice that she was standing for a long.

I stood up and get a vacant chair for her and also for Lisa.

"Guys, She's Rosé my.... my best friend and she's Lisa her girl-"

"Friend. My friend." Rosé cut.

I looked at her confusedly but she just smiled at me. I looked at Lisa and she gave me an awkward smile.

What is happening?

"Nice to meet you two." Nayeon unnie said.

"So, you're Lisa? I heard you want to join the dance club? Anyway, I'm Momo Hirai the president of the club." Momo unnie said and offered a hand.

"Oh, nice to meet you. I hope we'll get along together." Lisa said and made a handshake with Momo.

"Girls, if you don't mind? Can I just borrow Chaeng for a while?" Rosé asked which the others agreed with.

We left them for a while. I guess it's fine since before we left Lisa, was having fun talking with the unnies.

I followed Rosé who's walking ahead.

We arrived at the school garden and she signaled me to sit beside her.

"I miss you chaeyoung-ah!" She said with a smile on her lips.

I laughed as I noticed that it was not the smile I'm used to.

"You're not fine right?" I asked which made her sigh.

"Aishh, even tho we've been parted for 2 years you still know me." She said while shaking her head.

"It's because you never change Rosé," I said and rolled my eyes.

You never change.
You're still the Rosé I know.
The Rosé who I fell in love with.
And also like before,
You can't sense it.

I just laughed between my thoughts which she noticed.

"You too, you never change. You're still small!" She said to me.

"That's mean!"

"Hahaha! But for real, I miss you," she said and look at me.

Oh no, those eyes!

I averted my eyes as I noticed that we'd been staring at each other for a long.

"So, what happened? The last thing I knew about you is you're in a relationship with Lisa. After that, none..." I said which made the atmosphere heavy.

"We broke up."

Upon hearing those words here, I can sense the sorrow in her voice. I don't know If I should be happy coz they broke up, but hearing that tone of her means she doesn't want that to happen hurts me. That only means that she still loves Lisa.

"Since when?" I asked without looking at her.

"It's been a year. Something happened and I can't take it anymore. It always happened. Same reason, same arguments. So, I decided to break up with her. But of course, we remained friends. Which is a good decision... I guess?"

"But it seems like you don't want this."

"What?" She utters.

"You still want your relationship with her back... right?" I asked.

It's hard for me to ask her. I know what would be her answer and I know it can tear me apart by hearing those words.

She just remained silent for a second and then she turned her gaze to the sky.

"You know what Chaeyoung. I'm still trusting in you. I know that this is just an obstacle for us. I mean, you saw it right? The Red string. You saw it that it is connected to her right." She asked but still looking at the sky.

I know that she's about to cry. She's doing that to stop herself from crying.

"You speak so much when you just can say 'Yes, I still want her back," I said and laughed bitterly.

She also laughed at the turn of her gaze to me.

"You know me so much, god!"

"Tss, so you're still hoping?" I asked and she nodded.

As she nodded, I can say it was a silent killer for me. There's no word went out but upon those actions of her killed me already.

"I'm just waiting for her. I want her to change. To go back to the Lisa, I used to know." She said.

"You love her."

"Of course. She's meant for me or not. I still love her no matter what. But as you said, I'm meant for her. So, there's no reason for me to stop loving her." Rosé proudly said.

At some point, I felt guilty about what I did. If only I told her before that the string attached to her is not connected with Lisa. If only I let her hurt herself once. But like what she said, there's no use if I tell her that they are meant for each other or not. Because she will love her no matter what.

Love is unpredictable.